Is WordPress the Best CMS for Your Blog/Business?
WordPress is the ideal platform for bloggers around the globe. With it, you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. For those who are working with it, can easily change certain things like page and post order on the homepage or in the navigation Menu. There’s a debate in the design and development community about which Content Management System is the “best.” From personal experience, I strongly recommend it from beginners. Let me throw some facts, to give you a better perspective:
- 15% of the top 1 million websites in the world are now powered by WordPress
- 92% of WordPress users now use it as a CMS
- Over 60 million people have chosen WordPress to power their websites.
- 1 in every 5 new domains created in US are running on WordPress (for new sites it is easy to get started with WordPress – design, functionality and cost wise)
- Millions of plugins downloads every day passing proves that how actively and beautifully the community is contributing which is proven by the use of the plugins.
- WordPress Maintains such highly advanced process of core development which allows it to be adaptive, flexible and open to extension. This is the reason why we all love WordPress. It is the only platform which is flexible and well documented for us to mould and develop further upon to make it even more stronger and beautiful as per the requirement of individual projects)
“The best things in life are free,” and WordPress is one of them. When businesses start out, they try to minimize their spending. Utilizing the short budget is a must. This isn’t a shopping spree, you are taking unpredictable risk. The main reasons that make WordPress the no.1 choice for most bloggers, designers and business owners is its reputation, adaptation, its resources and support. In return, you can have that safe feeling inside when “stuff” hits the fan.
We respect all of our readers and always will, so we are not gonna sit here and lie to you. Wordpress has pros and cons, nothing is or ever will be perfect. In the end however, those pros demolish the cons greatly! Today we will go over useful tips to customize different things in your WordPress blog.
Adding audio to your WordPress blog
Today, there are various multimedia tools available for you to add on your WordPress blog. So, why not add some interesting audio on your WordPress blog? (Keep in mind that you don’t need WordPress plug-in, if you are adding podcasts to your WordPress blog).
For other audio types, you have to download a specific plug-in, as most of this useful plug-ins is free to download. You can also listen to music, and leave audio comments with this plug-in. The “podPress” is a most adoptable plug-in, as it can be integrated with iTunes. It allows you to download podcasts to your WordPress blog. Adding audio to your WordPress blog is a great idea to make it more interesting.
You can theoretically start your own music blog and upload high quality songs. This is completely 100% legal as long as you do now allow readers to download the song. Instead, encourage them to purchase it on a music marketplace. For further information check out the Fair Use law regarding this matter.
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author’s work under a four-factor balancing test. The term fair use originated in the United States. A similar principle, fair dealing, exists in some other common law jurisdictions. Civil law jurisdictions have other limitations and exceptions to copyright.
Change the theme of your blog
You can change the theme of your WordPress blog. You can change it anytime you want. It gives you complete freedom of doing experiments with your blog. There are literally thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, free/premium WordPress themes on the web. The best part, is that they are all mostly under $100.
Once you find one that suits your needs, you will be ready to roll. After downloading the theme, you can upload it in the “wp-content/themes” folder, which is available in your blog. Thus, you can enjoy a new theme on your WordPress blog with very little efforts. Most of the themes also come with easy to navigate options that focus on the core functionality of the theme.
You don’t need any sort of coding experience whatsoever to control the options. If the desire for manual changes arises, you can go in the editor section and change specific lines of code. This is recommended for more experienced users that know a thing or two about HTML and CSS.
Never use a theme, which is quite opposite to your business, or activity on the blog. Theme should resemble with the original concept of your blog. You can also select some good “SEO themes” to give your site more sophisticated and a professional look! Check out some of our previous articles covering high quality themes. We hand-picked every single one of them:
- Launch Effect: A WordPress Theme For Viral Launches
- 40 Premium Responsive Portfolio WordPress Themes
- 15 Best Responsive Premium WordPress Themes
- 25 High Quality Real Estate WordPress Themes
- 35 Free Clean and Useful Minimal WordPress Themes
- 25 Brilliant Business and Portfolio WordPress Themes
- Your Definitive Guide To Free WordPress Themes For Photography
Do you want to do something new with your WordPress blog or want to make some changes, a few modifications maybe? No worries, WordPress has lots of resources to help you to achieve your desired look. The core software is built by hundreds of community volunteers, and has thousands of plugins and themes available to transform your site into almost anything you can imagine!
WordPress Codex: the online manual for WordPress and a living repository for WordPress information and documentation. The have tons of helpful tutorial, tips, and tricks.
Forums: Here you will find thousands of posts and topics. The wide scope of information is mind blowing and the community is extremely friendly.
Need free WordPress widgets and plugins?
Your quest is over if you were looking for some free Widgets for your blog. You can use this information in different ways to have some free widget on your blog. Learn what WordPress widgets are available for free, which you can add to your website. Before you go ahead, take a deep look at the available widgets, which are almost compatible and can be added to your blog. Like these, check out the candidacy of Widgets as well, whether it suites your blog or not.
WordPress.com and WordPress.org are the two different groups for which you will be referred. For bloggers who are affiliated with “WordPress.com,” can choose their desired widgets out of 29 suggestions in order to activate the widget you can easily drag it in the “sidebar.” Once it’s activated, you can then move it up or down.
Similarly, for deactivation, you can just click on the drop down menu to deactivate the widget. There is no complicated procedure involved in activating or deactivating a useful widget on your WordPress blog. So, just do it, as you want it.
Along with widgets WordPress comes with useful plugins. Check out some of our previous article on WordPress Plugins:
- Top 7 WordPress 404 Plugins
- Top 10 WordPress Contact Form Plugins
- Top 10 Preferred WordPress Theme Development Frameworks
- 10 Things To Do After Installing WordPress
- Top 10 Forum Choices and Alternatives for Your Website
- 5 SEO Tasks For New WordPress Websites
- 8 Useful WordPress Tips to Adorn Your Blog
SEO tools for your WordPress blog
Like above said audio plug-in and widgets for your WordPress blog, you can also add some related SEO tool on your blog. You must understand the importance of these SEO tools. These tools can make a perfect landing place for those searching for the same information on search engines.
For better optimized look of your blog, you can check out the “free SEO plug-ins.” SEO plug-ins will provide you an SEO-friendly blog among other rivals. Before you download a free theme, it’s better to do some research about the SEO based theme that will be good for your blog.
How to do title and blog optimization?
Better optimized page or a blog has its own significance. Similarly, if you made the title of the blog in accordance with the SEO, then it will bring best results out of it.
By following some simple tips and tricks, you can make your blog more visible in a search engine:
- First of all, make a limit of the characters in the title of your blog. The character limit can not be more than 55 characters. Remember, if it is not necessary, then don’t put extra characters and exceed the traditional character limit.
- Secondly, just use those keywords, which are most important for your specified list. The title of the page or blog should be well-optimized. Never break or change the keywords, but use them as it is. This will bring out the best results in contrast with SEO.
- Thirdly, you must use those keywords for which people are searching a lot. Highly searched optimized and top ranking keywords should be given special attention in your title. You can search high ranking keywords through “Google Adwords,” which is a keyword tool.
WordPress is the best platform simply because it is so easy to use. It is a great way to put up a website or blog to market yourself, your company, or whatever you want. WordPress ranks very well within the search engines and you get to use your own domain name. If you employee these useful techniques on your WordPress blog, then it’s not so hard to get your desired results within less investment of time.
We hope you found the article above useful. We would love to hear your feedback regarding this article, so please comment below! For more useful articles like this please don’t forget to subscribe to the RSS-feed and follow Inspirationfeed on Twitter + Facebook ! If you enjoyed the following article we humbly ask you to comment, and help us spread the word!
Latest posts by Igor Ovsyannykov (see all)
- 35 Beautiful Artworks Made With Paper App - May 24, 2013
- Tips on Surviving the Financial Crisis - May 24, 2013
- How SEO can turn a Business from Minor to Major in a Month - May 24, 2013