If you’re starting a new local business, or have an existing one that you’ve been operating for a while, you probably know about all the challenges you face. Many people, especially those starting out, find it an immense challenge just to get the word out that they actually have a great product or service to offer.
It seems like everything today is geared towards the Internet. Just walk down the street and everyone seems to be fiddling with their latest smart phone, laptop or tablet connected to the local Wi-Fi system. Are they working, are they playing, or are they actually looking to purchase something?
The Bogeyman in the Closet
Image credit: pressmaster / 123RF Stock Photo
With so many businesses setting up shop on the Internet, it’s almost like trying to shout something out at a football game: it’s really difficult to be heard. For marketing on the Internet, the equivalent of shouting and being heard is using search engine optimization; SEO for short. Not only does it sound complicated, it actually is, and it gets worse every day.
If you’re a small business owner, you just don’t have the budget to hire one of those big fancy SEO firms, and you probably don’t want to deal with the other guys who promise to change your life for just a couple of bucks. Without spending a fortune, companies such as SEO Site Wizard can provide you with a really easy to follow, very effective way of doing your own search engine optimization work.
It’s Enough to Pull Your Hair out
If it sounds like being a success on the Internet has become a lot more complicated, that’s because, in fact, it has! There was a time, not too long ago, when just having a great website was enough to be found by potential customers. But no more! Like our kids, the Internet is getting all grown up, and a lot more complicated. There is now an awful lot that goes into having a successful Internet presence:
- A great website is a must. Not only does it have to be attractive to customers, and simple to navigate, it also has to be structured so that the major search engines, especially Google, like it.
- Your website has to be well written, with some great information that people will find useful and make them trust whatever product or service you’re offering.
- The rule on social media: you have to be in. No ifs, ands, or buts. Whether you love the idea or not, your business needs to have its own Facebook page, as well as a Google+ page; and even a Twitter account. This is how today Internet works, as anyone with a teenager knows is.
- You can pay to advertise on Google. That is called Pay Per Click or AdWords. But once you run through your monthly budget, your ad no longer appears for the remainder of the month. Plus, a lot of people don’t really trust ads on Google. They would much rather click on links that haven’t been paid for. That actually makes a lot of sense, if you think about it.
Take Charge of Your Internet Presence
If you’re running a small business, there is only so much money you can set aside for your marketing budget. The Internet is probably going to be a big part of that, and to maximize the return on your investment, you should definitely consider SEO Site Wizard. It makes it easy for you to have a comprehensive Internet strategy that you can execute yourself.
Check out our previous articles:
- Accelerate Your Success with Pinterest Marketing
- How To Improve Ecommerce Sites For Increasing Tablet Usage?
- Preparing WordPress For Tablets: Tools And Strategies
- Clean and Modern E-commerce Prestashop Themes
- 45 Email Templates For Your Marketing Campaign
With all these development, e-commerce is sure to script new stories of success in 2013. Please don’t forget to subscribe to our RSS-feed or follow Inspirationfeed on Twitter, Google+, and Facebook! If you enjoyed the following article we humbly ask you to comment, and help us spread the word!