13 Ways to Prevent Your Website Going Down in Google Search
When Google announced its new policies for analysis of webpages it caused different reactions. On the one hand, it had a positive impact on search results; on the other hand, it has exposed new requirements for blog and website owners.
The following tips will help your blog or website not to lose its rank in Google.
1. Update your website content as much as possible:
You should regularly delight your visitors with new content. If you forget to do this, create a schedule when and what to update. Otherwise you will lose your page rank.
2. Use reliable incoming links:
However, one should ensure that the directories are reliable.
3. Do not use too many keywords:
Using just a couple of keywords at the beginning and in the end of the text is enough to influence your rankings. Pay attention to the relevance of adding keywords.
4. You should keep track of quality of websites from which you receive incoming links:
Incoming links are often received through leaving comments, but you should not strive for getting anyone linked to your website. Watch carefully if these links are suitable for your niche. And of course the quality of the content should be high enough.
5. Do not allow your blog to be down often:
Do not make your readers leave your website or switch to another one because of your hosting service. Or do you want to lose them?
6. Ads should not occupy the entire page:
Otherwise a user visiting your website for the first time won’t want to visit it once more. To make users buy from your website, you need to focus on content and to push advertising into the background.
7. You should not load Footers in your blog with large number of links:
Undoubtedly blog Footer is a proper place for useful links. But too many links will not benefit your blog.
8. Avoid spelling and grammar mistakes:
It is not necessary to be a guru in the grammar, but you must conduct at least an elementary check of the text for errors in special programs. Ironically, the errors often deter potential customers. But in addition to users search engines can turn away from you.
9. Choose quality not quantity:
Of course this is good news to have a lot of clicks to your page, but not from one visitor. It is better to have quality, not quantity, and then the result will be longer lasting
10. Avoid buying and selling links:
Google does not really welcome buying and selling of links. So if you do not want to watch the consequences, it is better simply remove such links if you have any.
11. Incoming links should not lead only to your website’s homepage:
Some of the links should lead to other pages and posts as well.
12. Get rid of malware attacks:
Everybody can be subjected to malware, as a rule no efforts can guarantee protection. But Google’s Webmaster Tools can help you to avoid great number of threats.
13. Watch your competitors:
Are your competitors ranking higher? Then keep an eye on what they do and just use their methods.
Whether you like it or not Google is still number one among search engines. If you still do not know what exactly Google wants take our tips into consideration and your blog will go up.
Check out our previous articles!
- 8 Digital Diet Forms You Should Adopt For Marketing Efficiency
- 5 Factors You Should Prioritize Ahead Of SEO
- The SEO Co-Citation Crisis is at Hand
- Avoid Fake Reviews Google Warns SEO and Businesses
- Content Writing and StumbleUpon Traffic Driving Strategy
Did you enjoy this showcase? We would love to hear your thoughts, so don’t be shy and comment below! Please don’t forget to subscribe to our RSS-feed or follow Inspirationfeed on Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, and Facebook! If you enjoyed the following article we humbly ask you to comment, and help us spread the word!