It is the year 2013. Social media continues to become an important part of our life. As its importance grows, the more we have to learn about it, and what would be a better way to learn about social media than with a book? Many books about social media were written in a way to study them, to help us grasp them, as well as how to use it in our favor. Neil Schaffer lists his 20 best books on social media written from 2012 on his blog, but for the sake of this article, we will tackle only 7 of them.
1) Likeable Business: Why Today’s Consumers Demand More and How Leaders Can Deliver by Dave Kerpen
This book teaches readers lessons for leadership and in social media that can help a whole company become “likeable.” The author explains the importance of concepts like “listening” and “storytelling” that put social media and business’ response to it into relevant context.
2) The Impact Equation: Are You Making Things Happen or Just Making Noise? By Chris Brogan and Julien Smith
This book asks readers if their business is really making a human impact on customers and presents readers a formula, as well as examples and advice, on how to gain social leverage. This book will teach you rethink your business decisions to improve engagement with customers.
3) The Power of the Unpopular: A Guide to Building your Brand for the Audience Who Will Love You(and why no one else matters) by Erika Napoletano
The author of this book teaches us that having a good business is not just about being popular; rather, it is about building a community that is unique and fostering brand advocacy that is in alignment with the brand personality. It teaches that brands can connect with people in a meaningful way by being honest with yourself and with your brand.
4) Optimize: How to Attract and Engage More Customers by Integrating SEO, Social Media, and Context Marketing by Lee Odden
Written by the founder of TopRank, one of the world’s top online marketing blogs, this book covers a lot about the spectrum of social and online marketing. It makes you think about optimizing your presence online through SEO, social and content marketing.
5) Infographics: The Power of Visual Storytelling by Jason Lankow, Josh Ritchie, and Ross Crooks
In social media, storytelling can be an important concept for social media. Combined with visuals, it is a force to be reckoned with. This book provides all the info you need on infographics, why it has such a big impact and how you can join in the fun.
6) Social Media Commerce for Dummies by Marsha Collier
The ultimate beginner’s guide to social media. The contents of this book justify the book’s title by being practical and easy to understand. This book will get you started on marketing with social media and it will not disappoint.
7) Solving the Media Puzzle: 7 Simple Steps to Planning a Social Media Strategy for your Business by Kathryn Rose and Apryl Parcher
A book that provides a very practical overview of strategizing, as well as implementing social media marketing for your business. It pairs itself well with Marsha Collier’s book(see above), allowing even beginners to get themselves started.
Check out our previous articles:
- 5 Social Network Insights that Help People Choose Better Cars
- Niche Advertising and Marketing: Zeroing in on your Target
- Social Media is a New Virtual Market! Know How?
- Content Writing and StumbleUpon Traffic Driving Strategy
- Powerful Landing Page Tips for Your Success
We hope you enjoyed this article! Please don’t forget to subscribe to our RSS-feed or follow Inspirationfeed on Twitter, Google+, and Facebook! If you enjoyed the following article we humbly ask you to help us spread the word!