Hirotoshi Itoh graduated from Tokyo National Fine Arts University in 1982 and later went into his family business as a stonemason. He spent several years working with metal before turning his attention to stones. Utilizing stones found in a river bank near his home, Itoh creates sculptures that juxtapose the original shape and hardness of the material with surprising humor and texture. Some of the sculptures you will see below will have you saying, “How the hell is that even possible?” We can assure Adobe Photoshop was not involved. Enjoy!
Check out our previous articles!
- Grow: A Perssonal Project by Andreas Preis
- Removie: Movie Posters Missing A Letter
- Impressive Vector Posters by Michal Bialogrzywy
- 30 Awesome Breaking Bad Fan Artworks
- Hilarious Digital Caricatures by Anthony Geoffroy
Did you enjoy this article? We would love to hear your thoughts, so don’t be shy and comment below! Please don’t forget to subscribe to our RSS-feed or follow Inspirationfeed on Twitter, Google+, and Facebook! If you enjoyed the following article we humbly ask you to comment, and help us spread the word!