The advancement in technology is rapidly changing how we do things in almost all aspects of life. In the recent past, we have heard of robots replacing jobs in different industries. The education sector is not left behind in the ever-growing developments.
The technology has affected the core of the modern education system. We are going to understand the concept of using robots in education and the future of it. If you need to get a deeper insight or PowerPoint presentation on this topic, you can ask for assignment help experts for students.
Learning with robots has been implemented in different disciplines including Mathematics, Sciences, and languages. In places where robots and people work together to teach students, it has shown a lot of interest to the students.
There are different robots that students and teachers use for learning. These robots are designed in different shapes and sizes to fit the classroom needs for the subject matter as well as the learners’ ages. Some are as huge as humans (humanoids), and they are shaped like people. Some of them are small objects you can carry around.
What is Robotics?
Students learning computer Science may want to study how to design robots that help in teaching classes. This study is what is basically termed as robotics. The subject matter is part of the computer engineering course.
Studying robotics, apart from learning what is robotics, helps you to master how robots and people interact. You will design the AI system so that these robots can communicate with the learners and teachers or your project may fail.
Are Robots Necessary in the Modern Education?
The different robots in schools perform distinct duties, and their interaction level depends on the complexity of the programming built into the bot. The humanoids, for instance, can interact with students like a teacher in class. They are best when it comes to learning language basics in class.
The teacher can actually allow the robot to interact with students as they have fun while learning. But considering that the robot may not understand the needs of each individual student, it is necessary to have the teacher present to help his students when need arises. Robots also lack the ability to identify motion and emotions.
What Are the Positive Things about Robots in Education?
It is important to understand how technology affects society to accept it. Here are a few points about robotics.
- Students are more creative when it comes to design and implementation. As they work on projects in teams, they share the skills they possess, and in the end, all the members are knowledgeable.
- It promotes the building of stronger leaders. Since the robotics course is considered a tough one, students work hard to perform their best. While they endeavor to perform in the course as they work on their projects, they come to realize their strength and learn new skills that will help them in the future to deal with real-life situations.
- Robotics help students to be more sociable and ready to share with the community. As they learn new concepts and improve their skills in robotics, students gain the courage to showcase their projects and achievements to others. In so doing, learners gain the confidence to address matters, and they eventually become people who add value to the community at large.
Disadvantages of Robotics:
Using robots as teachers comes with its own disadvantages. Here are a few examples.
- Robots need electricity to work. In some places, power supply is expensive, and it may not be feasible for the schools to use robots for learning.
- Robots have no feelings and cannot help the learners on individual basis to solve their problems or feelings. They cannot understand and differentiate the slow-learners for specialized attention.
- The robots themselves and the other machines required, like computers, are quite costly. It may not be practical for some schools to attain this level of education were it to be a curriculum requirement.