Installing the most recent map Garmin map updates on your GPS device will ensure you have the most accurate navigational information while traveling to an unknown destination. You can update Garmin maps using the Garmin Express software which lets you download and install the latest Garmin maps on your device.
Hereby, we will tell you how to install, update and troubleshoot Garmin map updates through step by step instructions. Moreover, if you come across any other issues which you are not able to resolve on your own, we suggest you contacting Garmin Map updates support.
Installing Garmin Express
Garmin Express can be installed by following the steps given below:
- Go to the official website of Garmin Express.
- Choose the option for downloading Garmin Express for your Mac or Windows PC.
- Save the file that you installed on your computer and double-click on the .dmg or .exe file in order to initiate the installer wizard.
- Go through the terms and conditions and then check the box that is visible next to the statement. This confirms your acceptance of the terms and conditions of the application.
- Click on the “Install” button and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process. Once the installation is complete, select the option to “Launch Garmin Express”. Now, the Garmin Express will be installed, and you can use it to update your GPS unit.
Updating Garmin maps
You can update Garmin maps with the help of the steps listed below:
- Connect your Garmin GPS with your PC with the help of a USB cable.
- Click on the “Updates” option provided at the top of the Garmin Express session. All the Garmin updates available for your device will be displayed on the screen.
- Click on the option of “Install All” for installing all the updates available for your device. Garmin Express will begin installing the updates immediately. This process may take several minutes to complete.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the updating of maps with Garmin Express.
- Disconnect your Garmin GPS device from the computer as the updates are completed. Now, your GPS device is updated and ready to be used.
Troubleshooting Garmin map updates issues
The following steps will guide you on Troubleshooting Garmin map updates issues:
- If the Garmin Express fails to update your maps successfully, try to uninstall and reinstall the application. A corrupt or outdated installation of Garmin Express sometimes may prevent the maps from being updated properly.
- If the Garmin Express is taking excessively long time to update maps or the process never completes, try to disable the firewall on your Mac or Windows PC. In such cases, your PC’s firewall settings may interfere with the updates.
- When Garmin Express automatically install any software update, you should restart your PC after the installation. Sometimes, you may face problems in updating maps if you do not restart your PC after the installation of automatic updates.
If you are not able to update your Garmin maps by following the steps mentioned above, you can use the option of “Garmin Map Update” option available in Garmin Express. This option can be used if certain settings on your PC are meddling with the map updates.
- First of all, open the Garmin Express and then click on “myMaps” tab.
- Click on the link of “Garmin Map Update application” and click on “Run”.
- Click on “Continue” as the interface is displayed on the screen. After that, accept the terms and conditions.
- Click on “Continue” again and then select “Yes” when you are asked to reinstall the map updates on your PC.
- Choose the geographical region of the maps you wish to install. Finally, click on “OK” and your maps will be updated.
For any further queries of doubts related to the installation, updating and troubleshooting Garmin maps issues you may feel free to call on the Garmin map updates support number.