30 Simple Yet Creative Bar Code Designs | inspirationfeed.com

30 Simple Yet Creative Bar Code Designs

Did you know that bar codes could be designed? Nether did I, until a recent discovery. Usually barcodes are black and boring, they don’t contain any type of design or creativity. A vanity barcode is a product UPC (or Similar) barcode that’s been turned into a decorative design, yet still scans like a regular barcode. They’re a powerful marketing tool (Example: Cow UPC below could be used on a steak packaging) that can transform a boring, space-hogging barcode into a terrific brand asset. Today we have gathered some simple yet creative UPC barcode designs for your inspiration. For more information and examples check out  http://www.vanitybarcodes.com.

What did you think of this unusual collection? Please comment below and let us know!

Use the (arrow) keys to navigate pages

Igor Ovsyannykov

Igor Ovsyannykov

Igor Ovsyannykov is a 23 year old geek, blogger, and designer. He mostly spends his time working here and sharing resourceful knowledge with others. He also enjoys weight lifting, hanging out with friends, and losing his mind to progressive house music. If you would like to reach him, send him an email to inspirationfeed@yahoo.com

You might also like:

13 Comments

1. Humming Bird says:

Wow! Fantastic Creativity. Simple and Dull Barcodes are made into works of art.

2. Arshad Cini says:

Wonderful creativity

Thanks Igor

3. Scott says:

Some very clever designs. Thanks for sharing.

4. Jeffers says:

Great barcodes good ideas for logos too.

Thanks Igor

5. Daryl says:

This is one of those ideas thats just so obvious I can’t believe I haven’t seen it before. Just excellent.

If I was manufacturing any product that had to have a barcode on it, why would I use this idea?

6. Daryl says:

If I was manufacturing any product that had to have a barcode on it, why wouldn’t I use this idea?

7. Great idea! Thanks for the inspiration.

8. Hannah Hurst says:

These are fantastic! I had no idea barcodes could be designed either. I hope this catches on and companies begin to introduce this on real products. Thanks for sharing.

9. Francisco says:

Wile I appreciate the creativity and design ideas, I would rater insert an Invisible Barcode into a beautiful image or illustration.

Go check CLIC2C (The Invisible Barcode) at http://www.clic2c.com (CLIC2C The Invisible Barcode)

10. psiegel says:

I saw this in a book a few years ago–something like the Graphic Designers Workbook–maybe that’s not the right title, but, anyway, this isn’t a new idea.

I like the ones best where using the barcode makes sense as part of a design that would have lines in it (ex. paintbrush bristles) rather than just pasted into a graphic (ex. pie slice with barcode.Although if the designer had put it on top in a scoop of ice cream, it could have been pie slice a la barcode. Whatever.)

11. Heidyy says:

this is great stuff!

12. WonJ says:

Very nice, thanks for sharing!! love the cow one :))