60 Recently Redesigned Corporate Identities | inspirationfeed.com

60 Recently Redesigned Corporate Identities

Corporate logo redesign is always a challenging task. Sometimes it’s even controversially undertaking for both the designer and organization involved. A great example of this is the Gap Logo. I think I can speak for everybody when I say that Gaps logo was probably the worst re-design in 2010. Once social media got involved, it spread like a wildfire.

Although many companies re-brand/redesign their logo, sometimes its not the best choice to do that. You already have a mass customer base that recognize your brand already. Changing your appearance drastically can really hurt. However you can always freshen up your appearance and make it modern. A great example of this is Walmart’s new logo.

It was a great year, and a year that many companies have re-branded themselves. Many for the better, and a few for the worst. This massive list includes a great variety of different companies that had re-branding performed in 2009-2010. We want you to be the judge and tell us which companies have the worst/best re-branding.

Note: All the logos have been done manually and this process took me two long days. Each image is linked to the brands website.

1. Walmart

55. Hemtex

56. Belk

57. DivX

58. THQ

59. Symantec

60.  Verisign

Use the (arrow) keys to navigate pages

Igor Ovsyannykov

Igor Ovsyannykov

Igor Ovsyannykov is a 23 year old geek, blogger, and designer. He mostly spends his time working here and sharing resourceful knowledge with others. He also enjoys weight lifting, hanging out with friends, and losing his mind to progressive house music. If you would like to reach him, send him an email to inspirationfeed@yahoo.com

You might also like:

37 Comments

1. Ari Arsyadi says:

Very nice roundups. But I noticed you mention “Quicktime” twice.

2. Wow. Who knew there were so many drastic identity shifts last year? I have to say – Aol is my fav. It really plays well with their new content model. I think it’s going to work for them.

3. kevin says:

What do you mean by ‘recent’? And you should check twice, Gap went back to the old logo: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11520930

4. This is a very interesting article. What it show’s is that not every corporate ID change is for the best, some of these examples are very poor updates indeed, while some just needed a small tweak to freshen them up. Thank you for compiling them.

5. Thomas says:

Lot’s of great redesigns, but shame about
    Seattles Best Coffee… Think the old logo has lots more
    personality… It makes me want to drink coffee…

The new one makes me think of doctors…

6. Thomas says:

and interesting how Symantec took from Verisign what they don’t use anymore.. ! (number 59 & 60)

7. Pato8 says:

I like most of them, but there are some which aren’t so good (and so recent :) ).

I love:
    3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 30, 31, 32, 34, 39, 46, 47, 48, 50, 60

I like:
    1, 2, 8, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 33, 35, 38, 41, 43, 44, 45, 52, 56, 57

Nothing special:
    11, 18, 19, 51, 54

I don’t like:
    9, 10, 22, 37, 40, 49, 53, 55, 58

I hate:
    29, 36, 42, 59

8. Hannah Hurst says:

These are all great re-designs. I think the logos that show the most positive change to me are Jack in the box, Technicolor, and Griffin. They all work really well though. Thanks for sharing.

9. Mark says:

Some brilliant redesigns, I think Technicolor is my favourite. Jack in the box and Workopolis are also pretty sweet

10. renata motteran says:

great! put kodak and intel too!

11. Some of them really got improvement like Hong Kong, Australia unlimited, but the one that is getting worst (in my opinion) is iTunes :lol:

12. Luciana says:

The best: walmart! Worst: MySpace (wtf’s that???)

13. b18269 says:

itunes and kfc, what the FU*K were you thinking????
    @b18269 on twitter if you wanna follow me

14. so funny says:

Gap logo is a joke, please check it twice before saying it’s worst redesign.

15. purwa says:

i love the sprint logo,

16. bibi says:

sad they have to change the Quark logo. Due to copyright problems as far as I know.

17. Rosie Harris says:

Great round-up Igor – thanks!

18. pakaworld says:

Whiles other are good others are getting worse.

19. Logo Blog says:

Some Are getting cool, n some a re getting worst! Good saying “pakawold”

20. Mark says:

Igor, I generally like your posts, but this is misleading. You can’t say ‘recently’ when BP was 11 years ago and Quark was 5 years ago.

21. amir says:

It’s always interesting seeing how brands progress – or not in some cases! Just shows how difficult it is to create difference whilst retaining brand values.

22. katherine says:

good: walmart, cisco, technicolor, belk

bad: myspace, jack in the box, seatle’s best, gap

23. katherine says:

sprint changed its logo a while ago also

24. WebSmart says:

i love Yellow Pages and Egypt.

MySpace? What the #%@!/;………..

25. Henry says:

Good post!For me the best: Library of congress, Bausch + lomb and Jack in the box. The worst: Egypt, itunes and myspace.

26. Amy says:

Yeap…Gap is still the worst looking logo of the bunch, sad to say. :(

27. nice article.some of them have amazing changes though for some logo old was better in my opinion.

28. Ryan Rosado says:

It’s funny. I recognize and have seen all the new logos but it has hasn’t fully registered that they are redesigned until you pointed them out. I think that’s a good thing since subtlety still allows the logo to have most of the previous branding.

29. metalpig says:

Interesting! but i like best the new logo of Quicktime and iTunes… :P

Goodwrench logo looks like a tilted mac power button… :)

30. DesignFacet says:

Most did not need a new logo, they are doing it because of competition and a need for media attention.

31. I think the Symantec and DIVX logos are a step back. Xerox and UPS are some of the bigger “steps forward”. Interesting post.

32. Great collection. I think most of them were improvements, just a few like Quark, myspace and Symantec were not.

33. Valuable information and excellent design you still have here! I have to we appreciate you sharing your notions and time in the issues you post!! Thumbs up

34. Alex says:

If you look closely the check signs from Symantec and VerySign look exactly the same :)

35. Lynne Smyers says:

This is a great collection. Anyway I can use some of the image files for a proposal? I can credit the site. Thanks!

36. Igor Ovsyannykov says:

Hello Lynne,

We don’t hold any right to the works listed. Please contact the respected owners.