This awesome residence, named the ‘WFH House’, was developed by a Denmark based architecture firm called Arcgency. Their team focuses on designing and building sustainable architecture while contemplating the life-cycle and reusability. By using old shipping containers as structural framework, the WFH House’s framework can adapt to local challenges such as climate and earthquake issues.
The WFH concept is a patented modular building system, based on a design principle, using 40 feet high standard modules as structural system. The structure can be configured to meet many different purposes like multi story, townhouses, cluster houses or individual villas. The shipping containers:
- Result in a very short construction-period.
- Are cost competitive in comparison with other green houses.
- Easily demount for recycling or relocation.
- Meets the demands in the international environment-building-standard, Active House.
- Are top class indoor climate, low energy consumption and environmentally sound materials.