Disturbing and Violent Plush Toys by Patricia Waller
Plush Toys, such as teddy bears, are usually cute fabric toys that kids sleep and play with. Patricia Waller, a German based artist born in Chile, has a different view about them.
“Due to the technique of crocheting – all my works are produced by myself in handicraft – and the selection of the subject-matter, my works seem harmless at first sight. But if you take a closer look, you will discover biting irony and a strong dose of nastiness.” says Patricia.
Patricia is interested in peoples’ fears and our ability to suppress them – that’s why she plays with various themes that we usually ignore like fears of death, illness and disability.This post is not for extra sensitive people. Most of the toys are very disturbing,……. so don’t say that we didn’t warn you.
Check out our previous articles!
- Braun: Timeless Industrial Design
- 30 Beautifully Designed Motorcycles
- Bring Clever Inventions to Life with Quirky
- 10 Examples of Minimal Furniture Design
- Concept Cars We Might Be Driving in Just 3 Years!
We hope you enjoyed this article! Please don’t forget to subscribe to our RSS-feed or follow Inspirationfeed on Twitter, Google+, and Facebook! If you enjoyed the following article we humbly ask you to comment, and help us spread the word!
Latest posts by Igor Ovsyannykov (see all)
- Complicated Relationship Prints by Safwat Saleem - May 17, 2013
- Defining Your Artistic Style - May 17, 2013
- How to move forward when Debt is Dragging you Down - May 17, 2013