70 Powerful Examples of Minimal Movie Poster Designs | inspirationfeed.com

70 Powerful Examples of Minimal Movie Poster Designs

When you think of minimal, the first thing that comes to your mind is less. The following posters are not action packed with photo-manipulated images, instead they take the most meaningful idea, concept, or memory form the movie. A great examples of what I’m trying to say is the Tron poster below. If you have seen Tron, you can probably agree that the poster has the movies idea perfectly implemented.

The following designs represent the concept of minimalism. Minimalist is art characterized by the use of simple or primary forms or structures, which in this case are memorable movie symbols. There has been a huge increase lately in minimalism. For some reason 2011 has stated off strongly with the minimal style design coming back into the scene. The trend was never dead, but I feel like it has been revived again.

Today we have collected beautiful minimal movie poster designs for your inspiration. Because some of us have seen the following movies, we are awed by the poster designs. The illustrations provide a visual relation we had experienced while watching the movie. For other that have not seen the film, might have a different point of view or confusion by the minimalism. That’s not always a bad thing however, there are a few movies on this list that I have not seen. This does really confuse me, but encourages me to watch the movie and then see if the poster has any relation to it what so ever. Without further ado, we hope you will enjoy this great collection!

We hope that these stunning posters will inspire you to create your very own minimal movie poster! We would love to hear your feedback, so please don’t be shy to comment below. Please don’t forget to subscribe to the RSS-feed and follow Inspirationfeed on TwitterFacebook (100% Spam Free!) If you enjoyed the following article we humbly ask you to comment,  and help us spread the word with your peers!

Use the (arrow) keys to navigate pages

Igor Ovsyannykov

Igor Ovsyannykov

Igor Ovsyannykov is a 23 year old geek, blogger, and designer. He mostly spends his time working here and sharing resourceful knowledge with others. He also enjoys weight lifting, hanging out with friends, and losing his mind to progressive house music. If you would like to reach him, send him an email to inspirationfeed@yahoo.com

You might also like:

28 Comments

1. LBö says:

Hey! Very very nice set! Proud to be in :]
    Have a nice day!

2. Very nice. I especially like Titanic, The Goonies, and Star Wars. I had a laugh about the way the original Tron is portrayed, with 80’s style cycle graphics.

My only negative comment is on Sideways — the original poster is actually more minimalistic…

~Graham

3. Igor Ovsyannykov says:

Great thoughts Graham, thank you for commenting! I really liked the Source Code poster, but maybe it’s just because I loved the movie so much. haha

4. David says:

These are great. I have to say one of my favorites is the Tron one though. Some of these are really creative. Great post.

5. tortia says:

help, i want to buy authentic gucci, who can spot fake gucci, Thanks for sharing.

6. chanrong vorachat says:

Beauti-cool…Great list

7. Chung Kong says:

Hai, love the sum up. Very inspiring.
    A few are mine, my whole gallery has arround 40 titles now, and all of them are FREE to download as a high res pdf. Check: http://www.chungkong.nl/minimal-poster-project/

8. Popartgal says:

Very clever.. thank you for the inspiration. :) All the best

9. Loraine says:

I would definitely buy the whole set.

10. exceptional opinions you have shared in this article. It’s quite

11. JS Daniel says:

Lovely collection here!
    Have a look at my minimalist movie posters:

12. Brian says:

The hockey mask doesn’t come into play in the Friday the 13th series until the third film. Jason isn’t even a main character in the first film. Sorry for geeking out on you, the designs are tight and clean, but the information is incorrect.

13. chuk says:

All I see is vector art. Someone pick up a pencil. Nothing looks more unnatural than a line created by pulling and stretching an anchor point. The only thing minimal seems the amount of effort and originality that went into these. They all look like Threadless submissions.

Thanks for the inspiration, Olly Moss.

14. Matt says:

I love minimalism and hate clutter. Having an all-singing, all-dancing dynamic website rates as clutter when a simple static one will do (see mine for example), but… that’s just me.

15. Meg says:

Some of them are interesting and inspiring, but most just seem really dull and formulaic :/

16. Great Posters; however, each of them had meaning in retrospect. They were brilliant representations of an element of each film, but had little without the reference point of having seen the films.

They would not necessarily compel one to see the film, which, in most cases, is the objective of a Movie Poster.

As far as minimalism goes . . .they are wonderful.

17. hf says:

Harry potter one is rubbish. doesn’t do the film any justice.

18. Donnell says:

My favorite was the poster for hitchhikers guide. But I love all of them.

19. Catharine says:

I enjoyed the Inception one.

20. Bryan says:

love the way each has an element that makes a specific scene come to mind, cool

21. john says:

The “Harry Potter” poster seems a bit too similat to Sam Weber’s cover for “Lord of the Flies”:

22. megan says:

first of all, a big bravo to the artists. however, the vast majority of these, while beautifully executed, don’t strike me as intriguing truly minimalist designs. most of them are just simple, clear illustrations of an element from the film (which are all extraordinarily illustrated, don’t get me wrong). only a small handful use color, shapes, and positive/negative space to cleverly convey the concept of the movie in a truly minimalist fashion – all of which are very strong to me (paranormal activity, scarface, jurassic par, titanic, the shining, monsters inc, ratatouille – why are there only 3 stars and not 4 to signify a four star restaurant?). a big bravo to all the illustrators here.

23. Kevo says:

Is there somewhere that I could buy some of these? Really love a good dozen of them and would love them in my house!

24. chris says:

the gooines one is a rip off of the venture brothers logo

25. Jade Ruddy says:

Absolutely love these, my faves have to be American Psycho and Reservoir Dogs. Will be giving this a go for sure.

26. Laurence says:

haha IT’S A TRAP!

27. Mike says:

Awesome Designs :)
    Please I want to know the Font used in Kill Bill poster Up here :))
    Thanks in Advance