Striking Map Portraits by Ed Fairburn
Ed Fairburn is an illustration graduate whose work is mostly figurative. He paints, draws, and constructs using a flexible range of tangible media across a wide range of surfaces and contexts. By utilizing patchwork of roads, rivers, and trains, Ed creates outstanding portraits on printed maps. He colors street grids with meticulous ink, or pencil crosshatching, smoothly blending macroscopic terrain with human features. Fairburn has a great eye for finding patterns, exploring a wealth of ideas and concepts. Enjoy!
Check out more incredible artists
- 20 Dirty Car Artworks by Scott Wade
- Photorealistic Still Life Paintings by Roberto Bernardi
- Feminine Mogul Portraits by Scott Scheidly
- Superb Craftsmanship: Paper Artwork by Yulia Brodskaya
- Incredible Face Paintings by James Kuhn
Did you enjoy this article? We would love to hear your thoughts, so don’t be shy and comment below! Please don’t forget to subscribe to our RSS-feed or follow Inspirationfeed on Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, and Facebook! If you enjoyed the following article we humbly ask you to comment, and help us spread the word!