10 Stunning Examples of Concept Automotive Design
Automotive design is the profession involved in the development of the appearance, and to some extent the ergonomics, of motor vehicles or more specifically road vehicles. The functional design and development of a modern motor vehicle is typically done by a large team from many different disciplines included in automotive engineers. Automotive design in this context is primarily concerned with developing the visual appearance or aesthetics of the vehicle, though it is also involved in the creation of the product concept.
The task of the design team is usually split into three main aspects: exterior design, interior design, and color and trim design. Graphic design is also an aspect of automotive design; this is generally shared amongst the design team as the lead designer sees fit. Design focuses not only on the isolated outer shape of automobile parts, but concentrates on the combination of form and function, starting from the vehicle package. Today we will showcase 10 beautiful concept renders that are mostly based on exterior design. Enjoy!
Check out our previous articles!
- 30 Beautifully Designed Motorcycles
- Concept Cars We Might Be Driving in Just 3 Years!
- The Phenomenal Office Of The World’s Most Creative CEO
- 10 Examples of Minimal Furniture Design
- Bring Clever Inventions to Life with Quirky
We hope you enjoyed this article! Please don’t forget to subscribe to our RSS-feed or follow Inspirationfeed on Twitter, Google+, and Facebook! If you enjoyed the following article we humbly ask you to comment, and help us spread the word!
Latest posts by Igor Ovsyannykov (see all)
- Petheadz: Do Pets Really Look Like Their Owners? - May 22, 2013
- 35 Visually Expressed Thoughts and Feelings by Carlos Lang - May 22, 2013
- Tips for Improving Your Website Usability - May 22, 2013