Happiness is a mental or emotional state of well-being characterized by positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy. A variety of biological, psychological, religious, and philosophical approaches have striven to define happiness and identify its sources.Various research groups, including Positive psychology, endeavor to apply the scientific method to answer questions about what “happiness” is, and how we might attain it.
Philosophers and religious thinkers often define happiness in terms of living a good life, or flourishing, rather than simply as an emotion. Happiness in this sense was used to translate the Greek Eudaimonia, and is still used in virtue ethics. Happiness economics suggests that measures of public happiness should be used to supplement more traditional economic measures when evaluating the success of public policy.
Great quotes about happiness:
1. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself – George Bernard Shaw.
2. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover – Mark Twain.
3. Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant – Robert Louis Stevenson.
4. We don’t see things the way they are. We see them the way WE are – Talmud.
5. I have found that if you love life, life will love you back – Arthur Rubinstein.
6. The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be – Marcel Pagnol.
7. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step – Lao Tzu.
8. Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
9. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make, the better – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
10. Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like – Will Rogers.
11. I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been – Wayne Gretzky.
12. Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional – Anony-mouse.
13. Every man dies. Not every man really lives – William Ross Wallace.
14. Life isn’t a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ‘Woohoo WHAT A RIDE’!
15. There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle – Albert Einstein.
16. Uncertainty is the only certainty there is, and knowing how to live with insecurity is the only security – John Allen Paulos.
17. You are not in this world to live up to other people’s expectations, nor should you feel the world must live up to yours – F Perl.
18. How you do one thing, is how you do everything. Be aware.
19. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing – Helen Keller.
20. Life is not about kissing a**, it’s about kicking a**!
Note: Click the image to view full size.
This infographic was created by: Networx
Check out our previous infographics:
- HTML5 Past, Present and Future
- Social Media’s Growing Impact on Relationships
- Are You Practicing Safe Coding?
- A Newbie’s Guide To Selling Online
- How The Internet Works
Did you enjoy this infographic? Don’t be shy, comment below and let us know! For more useful content please don’t forget to subscribe to the RSS-feed and follow Inspirationfeed on Twitter, Google+ and Facebook! If you enjoyed the following article we humbly ask you to comment, and help us spread the word!