Before computers, photo manipulation was achieved by retouching with ink, paint, double-exposure, piecing photos or negatives together in the darkroom. We’ve come along way in a short amount of time and things are only going to get better. Thanks to image editing software, photographers are able to adjust colors, contrast, white balance, sharpness, restoration, brightness, vividness, and much more. Without boring you to death with all the incredible features available, let’s discuss creative retouching.
From commercial to personal projects, photography retouching is an art form. While some spectators might think it’s a walk in the park, it’s not as easy as it looks. Most celebrities actually hire their own digital artists to professionally retouch their images before they’re released to the public. While critics may argue that mainstream media promotes false visual and physical appearance, people should already realize that almost every single image you see is heavily edited.
The usual glamour and portrait type retouching techniques that simply soften, blur, or smudge the imperfections are something you should stay away from. Proper retouching techniques should be natural, clean and realistic. The overall goal, is for the viewer not to question what they’re perceiving. Today we’ve collected a few prominent retouching tutorials and photos. Enjoy!
- Super Fast and Easy Facial Retouching
- Professional Photo Retouching Bikini Model
- Change Hair Color
- Simple Facial Photo Retouching
- Professional Photographic Retouching
- How To Get Perfect Skin!
- Glamour Model
- Easy Digital Nose Job in Photoshop
- How to Digitally Paint Lip Gloss with a Tablet
- Remove Blemishes in Photoshop
- Eye Color Change
- Reducing 5 O’Clock Shadow And Beard Stubble In Photoshop
- Increase Breast Size
- Basic Retouch and Colorization
- Applying Realistic Tattoo
- Age Progression
- Whiten Teeth to Improve a Smile in Photoshop
- Intro to Advanced Skin Retouching
Advertisement — Continue reading below