Top 3 Photo Printers for Photographers
Although digital technology allows people to display and store their images using various media which are reputed to last for centuries, there’s still something to be said for having an real photograph in your hands. Displaying digital images using various types of high-tech equipment can be a bit expensive. Because of this, many people still prefer to showcase their digital images using the conventional picture frame. For this reason, many people like buying printers for digital photography.
There are hundreds of photo printers out there from dozens of brands, some you know well and some you do not. While you could always sift through hundreds of professional and user reviews to find out which photo printer is best for you, which would take hours. So I thought I would do you a favor and round up three of the best photo printers available, each one in a different price category. So read on to find out the best photo printer in the budget, mid-range, and premium price categories.
Because of the demand for digital photography printers, many companies are scrambling to build products. Each company produces a different kind of digital photography printer and then goes all out in proclaiming it to be the best. Isn’t it just frustrating? Imagine for a moment, that you were a person who wanted to buy a new digital photography printer. To make things easier for you, you decide to choose the best one available. So you go into the store and tell the person at the counter that you want the best digital photography printer available. And then you get hit by this question: what do you mean?
Advertisement — Continue reading below
What, indeed, does the term “best” mean when you are selecting a digital photography printer? As with most of things in this life, the term “best” is relative. What’s best for you may not be the best for somebody else. In order to minimize your confusion, here are some standards you should use:
1) Cost – many people actually try to choose the best digital photography printer based on the cost. Of course, most people will claim that quality is expensive. Hence, the most expensive thing on the store must have the highest quality. Others define “best” as being the cheapest. They believe that if they find the lowest-priced digital photography printer available, they would have found the best product for them.
It is important to remember, however, that companies often take customer psychology into account when they are pricing items. Some deliberately price items low in order to encourage sales. Others deliberately price items low in order to give buyers a sense of prestige.
2) Design – some people go by the looks when they are choosing a digital photography printer. Because of this, many companies today hire top-notch artists and designers. People want equipment that looks good. They want to buy a digital photography printer that lets them express themselves through its sleekness and overall appearance.
Design isn’t all about looks. Design is also about function. Many companies today design their digital photography printers to be more appealing functionally to people. They often design digital photography printers to be compact in order to encourage people who, today, think that small is always better.
3) Features – nowadays, people want a digital photography printer that does everything. This is understandable; of course, since having such equipment means that you have to do less work. Many people today like to buy digital photography printers which only need human supervision once every century. Some of the digital photography printers available today are so packed with features that it is actually very surprising that they don’t make lunch as well. Oh well, whatever floats your boat.
There are hundreds, if not thousands, different printer out in the market. Choosing the best one could be a hard task. Today we have managed to clear the fog and provide you with the top 3 printers. Enjoy!
Best Budget Photo Printer
This Epson photo printer hits the mark for low cost and small footprint. The printer features all-in-one functionality with high-quality photo printing in addition to standard printing, scanning, and copying. The NX430 also features Android and iOS compatibility and wireless networking. For $100 you get up to up to 5760 x 1440 dpi color resolution, a 2.5 inch touch panel, over 14 pages per minute standard printing, and an SD card slot.
There are a couple of downsides, as is expected at this price point. The small ink cartridge will end up costing you if you are printing in high volumes. The NX430 also lacks an Ethernet port, so it is wireless or nothing. Beyond that the Epson NX430 is a great choice for students and those with moderate printing needs and a lack of space.
Best Mid-Range Photo Printer
Moving up to the mid-range price category, a small bump in price also gets you a bump in quality. The HP Photosmart C310A is a near-perfect entry at this level. This all-in-one device offers up to 9600 x 2400 dpi, standard printing up to 33 pages per minute, a 4.3 inch touch screen, and borderless photo printing up to 8.5 x 11 inches. Of course this bump in features comes at a price, this printer is not small.
While it is smaller than a full size model, do not expect it to stay tucked out of the way easily. The C310A also features a 125-sheet input tray, a 20-sheet photo tray, and a slew of wireless printing features which include Apple AirPrint technology.
Best Premium Photo Printer
This entry into the premium category is serious about photos. It may lack in features such as a touch screen and wireless connectivity, but it has photo printing ability in spades. The Pro9000 prints photos up to 4800 x 2400 dpi, has 6,144 ink nozzles, and can print an 8″ x 10″ Borderless Color Photo in 47 seconds. One of the best features of the Pro9000 is its ability to print up to 13” x 19” photos, which give great professional looking results.
Keep in mind that an all-in-one this is not. The Pro9000 was not made for standard printing as the 1.44 pages per minute results demonstrate. This is a great option for serious amateur photographers.
So whether you are looking for a compact all-in-one that prints great photos, the best bang for your buck, or a dedicated photo printer, you have great options to choose from. At the very least these models can give you an idea of the benchmarks for each price category.
Check out our previous articles:
- Learning the Basics of Taking Scenery Photos
- 10 Quick Ways To Learn Photography
- Feet First Photography Series by Tom Robinson
- 8 Digital Photography Tips to Tell Your Children
- Stunning Worldwide Photography by Our Friend From Myspace
Did you enjoy this article? We would love to hear your thoughts, so don’t be shy and comment below! Please don’t forget to subscribe to our RSS-feed or follow Inspirationfeed on Twitter, Google+ and Facebook! If you enjoyed the following article we humbly ask you to comment, and help us spread the word!