Giving a presentation is never easy.
It takes you hours, days, and weeks to prepare for a single PowerPoint presentation. Especially if it’s for something huge, the content has to be truly mind blowing for it to become truly effective.
Project proposals, client presentations, business reviews – it never gets any easier. Even the most seasoned of speakers can fold under the huge amount of pressure sometimes.
If there’s one thing that can take the pressure off, it’s knowing that you have armed yourself with the most powerful presentation that any audience has ever seen. And no, it’s not just about the facts and figures that you’ll be presenting. It’s also about the way you present all this information to the crowd staring back at you.
This is where your choice of PowerPoint templates comes in.
What does your template have to do with anything?
Aren’t they after the numbers you’re presenting?
Yes, your audience is usually after the content of your presentations. However, the template you use would dictate the way they react to it. Through your template choice, you create a huge impact on:
- How the data and information you present is understood
- How convinced they are of the data’s credibility
- How they trust you as the person presenting the information
- How they respond to your call-to-action
Seeing how huge the effect could be on whether or not your presentation will be a success, it is important to choose the most effective template you can find.
Choosing Your Template
So how do you choose your template?
What factors should you consider?
- The template should be very appealing to the eye. Remember that people are very visual in nature. This means that audiences are more likely to respond positively to something that is visually appealing to them over something that does not catch their eye at all.
- Just because a template is trendy or fashionable does not mean that it automatically deserves to be used. Design should go hand in hand with visual clarity. Every piece of information should still be easily processed. The readability of each slide should not be sacrificed for the sake of art or design.
- A specific template may look good, but it may not be suitable for the topic. A pink and purple template is not going to cut it if you’re presenting to a serious group about environmental law, for example, but it could work if you’re presenting fun and trendy designs for teenaged girls.
Looking for some template inspiration?
Here are some outstanding professional Powerpoint templates that you can use:
Essential Powerpoint Template
Amaze your audience with this awesome Powerpoint Presentation Template. Essential Powerpoint Template was designed with a great selection of slides fully editable, perfect to rock your next presentation.
Lempira PowerPoint Presentation
A modern, handcrafted and creative presentation, special for a Agency/Graphic Design Artist/ or any type of business. Easy to change colors, text, photos.
Cabairawit PowerPoint Template
Venture Business Presentation
A minimal business presentation in blue, black and reverse blue options. Great for corporate presentations, business pitches and student projects. Includes everything you see except for the photo on the cover and people portraits.
Revolution Keynote Template
First Goal Powerpoint Template
12,000+ HD slides, master slide based , one click color changer, hand made charts, professional layouts ready to show your products, services, reports or any projects to your futures clients.
Yves – Elegant Presentation
Named after iconic fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent, Yves is an elegant Powerpoint presentation for when you’re in need of something chic and glamorous.