Last Updated on March 31, 2019
Getting ready to start a new blog? Maybe you already have, but are ready to give up. Or maybe you’ve had the privilege of becoming successful, but haven’t taken advantage of that blessing. As Zig Ziglar once said, “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing–that’s why we recommend it daily.” Below are 5 inspirational quotes (and related lessons) that are sure to set you off in the right direction.
1. “I never took a day off in my twenties. Not one.” – Bill Gates, Co-Founder, Microsoft
Admittedly this statement is a bit extreme. Perhaps Bill should have gotten out of the house more–hung out with some friends, went on a date, spent time with family . . . whatever. But the point here holds true. While you’re out at the bar every Friday night, or watching every episode of American Idol, your competition may very well be bangin’ away at the computer in an attempt to monopolize a niche.
2. “You could have a million ideas, but they’re all worthless if you don’t get them done.” – Lauren Amarante, Founder, World Entrepreneurship Day
Your brain never stops. You want to open your own restaurant, go back to school and become a doctor, launch an online magazine, create the next Facebook, end world hunger, etc. And you keep telling yourself that one day–one day soon–you’re going to get around to doing all of them. Sure, you’ve told yourself this before, but this time is different right? Wrong. I’ve got 5 ideas in my head right now that I’m positive could net me multi-millions. But you know what? Nobody gives a damn. Those ideas will all remain worthless until someone actually steps up to the plate and takes action on them. So why not take on everything at once? Because unless you have unlimited resources–both time and money–you’ll lose focus. Choose one idea, focus, and act. Start now.
3. “Waiting for perfect is never as smart as making progress.” – Seth Godin, Founder, Squidoo
This one’s similar to the one I just discussed . . . but with a twist. Maybe you’re not a true procrastinator, but rather a perfectionist at heart. If you’re waiting for perfect, chances are you’re not getting anywhere. And as Seth Godin put it, progress beats waiting. I happen to be a perfectionist myself, and I see it as both a curse and a blessing. Perfectionists are capable of building great things, so long as they learn how to control their obsessions.
4. “The most dangerous poison is the feeling of achievement. The antidote is to every evening think what can be done better tomorrow.” – Ingvar Kamprad, Founder, IKEA
We’ve all been able to taste success at some point in our lives. Now ask yourself, how do you handle that success? Do you continue to build on that foundation, or do you become complacent after you’ve met a few goals? We all deserve to treat ourselves every once in awhile. Just don’t ever allow yourself to get too comfortable.
5. “When you’re ready to quit, you’re closer than you think.” – Bob Parsons, Co-Founder, GoDaddy
Believe it or not, this one tends to be a common theme among many successful entrepreneurs. “Doom and gloom” begin to sink in, but for whatever reason, they decide to keep on truckin’. And as luck (or is it something else?) may have it, in the end, things turn out for the best. There you have it, your daily shot of inspiration. Now stop reading and start acting. Go!
Check out even more quotes!
- 25 Wise Quotes From George Carlin
- 90 Inspirational Quotes About Business and Entrepreneurship
- 35 Funny Workplace Ecards for Staying Positive
- Illuminating Thoughts and Quotes by Maggie Appleton
- 60 Fascinating Facts for Your Hungry Brain
Did you enjoy this article? We would love to hear your thoughts, so don’t be shy and comment below! Please don’t forget to subscribe to our RSS-feed or follow Inspirationfeed on Twitter, Google+, and Facebook! If you enjoyed the following article we humbly ask you to comment, and help us spread the word!