Last Updated on September 23, 2020
The names Peter, James, John, Joseph, Charles, and Dan have one thing in common – they’re all popular boy names. Although some of these names were inspired by amazing Biblical or historical figures, they’re way too common for parents who are looking for a touch of uniqueness. If you’re one such parent, you don’t need to fret as we’ve got your back. We’ve trawled several online and offline databases to pick the most unique yet elegant boy names you can ever find.
75 Unique Boy Name Ideas
1. Adams – This is the cuter variation of Adam. It means taken out of the ground (in Hebrew).
2. Adler – Means eagle (in German).
3. Alpha – The name has a Greek origin and means first. It’s perfect for your firstborn son.
4. Andre – Means man (in French and Portuguese)
5. Andrew – Means strong man (in Hebrew).
6. Anton – A unique variant of Antony or Anthony. The name has a Latin origin and means the priceless one.
7. Apollo – Means manly beauty (in Greek).
8. Armando – Means soldier (in Spanish).
9. Asher – Means blessed (in Hebrew).
10. Ashton – Means ash trees place (in English).
11. Benji – A cuter variant of the Hebrew name Benjamin, which means son of the right hand.
12. Bennett – Means blessed (in English).
13. Bildad – Means old friendship (in Hebrew).
14. Billy – Means resolute protection (in German).
15. Caleb – Means faithful (in Hebrew).
16. Camara – The name has a West African origin and means teacher.
17. Carson – Means son of the marsh-dwellers (in Scottish).
18. Casper – Means treasurer (in Persian).
19. Christian – Means follower of Christ (in Hebrew).
20. Cornelius – Means the sun’s beams (in Hebrew).
21. Curtis – Means polite (in English).
22. Dalton – Means the settlement in the valley (in English).
23. Desmond – Means one from south Munster (in English).
24. Donald – Means proud ruler (in Scottish).
25. Drake – Means dragon (in English).
26. Elon – Means oak or strong (in Hebrew).
27. Emerson – Means son of Emery (in German).
28. Emmanuel – Means God with us (in Hebrew). Immanuel is also a common variant.
29. Ethan – Means firmness or perplexity (in Hebrew).
30. Fabian – The name has a Latin origin and means bean-grower.
31. Gavin – Means white hawk (in Celtic).
32. Giovanni – Means God is gracious (in Italian).
33. Graham – Means gravelly homestead (in Scottish).
34. Hakim – Means doctor in the African Muslim culture. A popular variation is Hakeem.
35. Harley – Means hare’s meadow (in English).
36. Heidi – Means nobility (in German).
37. Hugo – Means the intelligent one (in Spanish, German, and Portuguese).
38. Humphrey – Means peaceful warrior (in German).
39. Jabari – Valiant warrior (in Swahili).
40. Jamal – Means beauty (in Arabic).
41. Jason – Means healer (in Hebrew).
42. Jasper – Means the bearer of treasure (in Persian).
43. Jesse – Means gift (in Hebrew).
44. Keita – The name has a West African origin and means one who worships.
45. Kieran – Means little dark one (in Irish).
46. Kwamé – The name has a Ghanaian origin and means born on Saturday. Other variations include Kwami, Kouamé, Kwamina, or Kwamena.
47. Lance – Means land (in French).
48. Lennox – Means elm grove (in Scottish).
49. Liam – Means resolute protection (in Irish). It’s also a common name for firstborn sons.
50. Lincoln – Means the town by the pool (in English).
51. Lucius – Means white (in Hebrew).
52. Maddox – Means the son of Madoc (in Welsh).
53. Malik – Means king (in Arabic)
54. Marcel – Means little warrior (in French).
55. Mateo – Means gift of God (in Spanish, Italian, and Latin).
56. Meshach – Means that God is marvelous (in Hebrew).
57. Milan – Means kind (in Slavic).
58. Nate – This is the short form for the Hebrew name Nathaniel, which means the gift of God.
59. Neo – Means new (in Latin).
60. Oliver – Means of the olive tree (in Latin).
61. Quentin/Quintin – Means the fifth in Latin, which makes it a perfect name for a fifth born son.
62. Reuben – Means behold a son (in Hebrew). It’s a common name for firstborn sons.
63. Roman – The name has a Latin origin and it loosely translates to a citizen of Rome. An even cuter variation is Romeo.
64. Sebastian – Means majestic (in Greek).
65. Shadrach – Means God is gracious (in Hebrew).
66. Shane – Means God is gracious (in Irish). Zane is a popular variation.
67. Sullivan – Means black-eyed one (in Irish).
68. Teddy – Means God’s gift or a wealthy protector (in Greek).
69. Theo – Means a divine gift (in Greek).
70. Tobias – Means God is good (in Hebrew).
71. Trevor – Means large settlement (in Welsh).
72. Troy – Means a descendant of foot soldier (in Irish).
73. Tyler – Means tiler (in English).
74. Wesley – Means western meadow (in English).
75. Weston – Means from the Western town (in English).
When choosing a suitable name for your son, you’d naturally want to aim for uniqueness. However, don’t go for very sophisticated names that the boy will struggle to memorize or spell. So, are you planning to have a son in the future? Well, a great place to begin your search for a special name for him is by bookmarking the above collection of unique boy names.