Last Updated on January 25, 2023
Nothing sucks like getting your bubble burst online while all you were really after was a genuine meetup – which is why you need to check out the best hookup sites today!
So, if you’ve had it to your neck dealing with scams, continuous mismatches, fake profiles, and the rest of that package – this article is for you.
We present you with the top 10 hookup apps and sites that will allow you to form genuine friendships, romantic connections, and more in 2023.
Ready for the flight? Let’s lift off!
Best Hookup Apps and Sites
Top 5 Quick Glance
- FriendFinder – Dedicated to casual hookups
- EliteSingles – Rich and/or educated people
- eHarmony – Long-standing hookup site
- Zoosk – Easy international hookups
- Tinder – Super popular app
1. Friend Finder – Best Hookup Site Overall
- High chances of finding a hookup
- Geared towards hookups
- Huge number of users ready to party
- Various types of preferences
- Easy to use iOS & Android app
- Subscription needed for the advanced
- Too many ads on free version
FriendFinder came into the casual dating market to create a strictly casual hookup site! It’s one of the popular paid hookup websites for meetups and other types of hookups.
The site boasts of some 108+ million people who are ready to get down and men to women ratio of about 80:20. This large number improves your chances of hooking up with other people on the site – provided you put up a spiffy profile.
On the hookup app, you’ll also reduce the amount of time otherwise wasted on search boards thanks to their extremely-detailed search function.
Based on the type of preferences you feed during the search, you’ll get tons of fish fitting that specific bill for your consideration.
Other great stuff that you’ll find on the site includes:
- Hotlist – This allows you to set up a custom ‘bank’ of profiles that appeal to you
- Live streams – For real-time video interaction with potential hookup profiles
- Chat rooms –This a premium feature only usable from a paid plan
- Blogs – This lets you share and journal your thoughts, preferences, or dating experience with other users
The most annoying thing is the endless ad pop-ups that you have to deal with in the free version. You can avoid this with a premium subscription ranging from $19.95 – $39.95 and get to enjoy the amazing premium features.
Well, we all like that at FF’s adult dating site, you only join with one endgame in mind.
2. eHarmony – Best Hookup Site for Over 40
- More women than men
- Popular for those age 40 and above
- Wide user base in 200+ countries
- Ready in-app assistance
- Unique matchmaking technology
- Quick & easy registration process
- Limited search filter options
- Expensive subscription rates
eHarmony’s hookup website was first introduced back in 2000 and has gone through several impressive changes since it was acquired in 2018 by ProSieBenSat.1 Media.
This online dating platform is one of the best hookup sites available as both an app (iOS and Android compatible) and an online site.
The most popular feature is their special matchmaking process that pinpoints even the most minute details when linking you to a prospect. The site achieves this through vigorous compatibility assessment, personality tests, and extensive principles of attraction from psychology.
Creating an account is free and if successful, takes you to an app or site that’s simple and very easy to use and navigate.
eHarmony also brings the My Favorites, Mutual Favorites, and Favorited Me features that help you keep close tabs on all your potential dates.
Other perks from this casual dating site include:
- Anonymous browsing – Go through the many possible matches without alerting the respective profiles (only available for premium members)
- Conversation starters – These are pre-written dating texts that can help you initiate a chat with another profile
- What If – Gives you an additional 30 profiles to check out every day (for premium users)
The most glaring bummer at eHarmony is their restricted filter parameters that make using the function insignificant when trying to find a match via search.
Still, they make up for that with outstanding real-time support to help you navigate and some pre-set profiling questions that help give you the most specific matches!
Truly one of the best dating sites online!
3. EliteSingles – Top Hookup Site for Millenials
- Protective against fraudsters
- Great matchmaking features
- High success rate
- Amazing space for adult professionals
- Over 2 million profiles
- Not great for short-term hookups
EliteSingles dating site offers the best experience when all you are after is hooking up with working professionals. This site is an exclusive dating platform for educated, 30 years+ professionals who’d want to get hinged with someone also in the professional scene.
With a wide membership of over 2 million profiles, you’ll have a smooth time matching with someone in your professional field or otherwise.
EliteSingles has an almost-balanced gender population of about 44% (men) and 56% (women).
Plus, it has an elaborate sign-up process that includes a personality test to help the site make appropriate suggestions for you on your feed.
The site also has an amazing search feature that enables you to narrow down on other singles sharing the same preferences as yourself. You could filter based on your age, height, distance, education, religion, and even if one wants to have kids down the line.
Other stunning features include:
- Wildcard matches – A premium feature that gives paying users 20 bonus matches every day
- Chat – Allows you to interact with other users and it includes some “ice-breaking” questions to kick off your chat if you’re still green
- Profile tracker – Lets you know when someone scours through your profile
- Strict security protocols – Involves ID authentication, SSL encryption, manual profile verification policy, fraud detection, and many more
The only snag (maybe) is that you won’t get that much luck if you’re only after short stints.
And for $31.95/month (Annual), $44.95/month (6-month package), or $57.95/month (for 3 months), EliteSingles stands best overall in our list as it delivers what it promises!
Fancy a professional one-night stand?
4. Zoosk – Best Site for International Hookups
- Diverse membership base
- Effective profile matching
- Attractive user interface
- Users are very active
- Limited free membership
- Tons of fake profiles
Zoosk offers its members a chance to get casual hookups in almost any part of the world owing to its popularity in 80+ countries.
It also has a membership of about 35 million users with a majority in their mid-20s to about 30 years of age.
That said, this casual dating site has one of the most diverse demographics in adult dating and ensures that there’s someone for everybody.
One of the most awesome features found in this dating app is the SmartPick which gives you accurate suggestions of members you might be interested in. This is thanks to a precision algorithm that studies how you navigate the app and interact with other users.
Crazy stuff, right?
Zoosk also comes with an effective chat messenger that lets you seamlessly connect with all your potentials like other dating sites. The best thing is that it allows both free and premium users to respond to every type of chat message.
Other features include:
- Multiple languages – You can use Zoosk with 20 other languages
- Facebook sync – Alerts you when a crush updates their status, posts a new pic, or changes any other profile info
- Zoosk Coins – An exclusive virtual currency that you can use to buy gifts for your crush and other features
As you’d expect from most adult dating sites with a mammoth population, Zoosk also suffers the scourge of fake profiles and pseudonyms. Still, that shouldn’t be a deal-breaker because you can always cast your net again if you don’t like what you caught the first time.
So, verily I say unto ye globetrotters, go forth and find companionship…
5. Tinder – Uber Popular Free Dating App
- Large database of active users
- LGBTQ friendly
- Easy to use app & site
- You can get hookups for free
- Many fake profiles
- Matches are not very accurate
Tinder is currently one of the biggest and most popular online dating apps on the planet. Founded in 2012, it now has a very wide demographic with most of its users being about 18 – 35 years old.
The site’s regarded as a free market in the world of hookups owing to the vast membership registered all over the world. Currently, the ratio of men to women users stands at 7:3 from 190 countries.
The most infamous feature is the “swipe” function that lets you swipe left to pass and right to like a suggested profile.
That aside, it’s also LGBTQ-friendly and lets you find other singles looking for a hookup around you using their geolocation feature.
Other noteworthy features are:
- Multiple language availability – This includes Arabic, Czech, Hindi, Hebrew, Greek, Spanish, Portuguese, Bulgarian, among many others
- Passport feature – Lets you connect and interact with users from beyond your current geographical region and allows you to match from anywhere (only for Tinder Plus members)
- Profile monitor – Amongst other things, this feature lets you see who liked your profile and saves time since you can then focus on only them (available for Tinder Gold members)
Like Zoosk and other free dating apps, there are also tons of fake profiles – but that hasn’t spoiled the fun yet.
Ready your best thumb and swipe on your next date!
6. Bumble – Best Hookup App for Women
- High female to male ratio
- Women make the first move
- Great video chat feature
- Easy-to-use app
- Only 24 hours to initiate contact
- Restrictive for men
Bumble is a popular online dating website that has created a lot of buzz for being a pro-women hookup platform. The service has put in place very strict contingencies to ensure that women using the platform remain safe, in charge, and protected.
As you’d expect, the site has a very high female to male ratio in its membership.
With Bumble, the lady has to make the first move to set a course for courting. If you are a man, you’ll have to sit pretty and wait until a dame deems you worthy.
Some of the top features include the swipe (just as in Tinder) and a backtrack function that lets you cancel in case you liked someone by mistake, or you changed your mind… or whatever.
Bumble also comes with a pretty neat interface that makes using the app a real breeze.
Other cool features include:
- Video streaming – Gives you a private space to meet a prospect virtually before you decide whether you’ll meet them in person
- Spotlight – This a paid feature that puts your profile in the top suggestions for approximately 30 minutes to increase your chances of getting a match
- Beeline – Let’s you keep track of each member that swiped RIGHT and showed interest in your profile
- Bumble Bizz – Another premium feature that lets you connect with career professionals for either dating or business intentions
The most painful sting at Bumble is the fact that beyond setting up their profile, men have no control over what happens to them in the field.
Nevertheless, if you want secure matches or long-term relationships with serious babes, then Bumble has got you covered!
7. Hinge – Great Hookup App for Accurate Matchmaking
- High matchmaking accuracy
- Great for long-term engagements
- User security is a priority
- Only available as an app
Hinge’s dating services were founded back in 2012 and since has become a go-to place for many who’re seeking long-term hookups or serious relationships.
The best hookup app for smartphones, Hinge has millions of users aboard looking for different things from the platform. That’s why it’s normally a good idea to declare your intentions early enough to avoid disappointments (or mismatching).
From experience, Hinge is a great place to find long-term friends with benefits if that’s what you are after.
It has a good matchmaking feature that links your profile to other people sharing the same tastes as you. Its accuracy is enhanced by the personality questions you answer right after signing up on the app.
Paid membership includes a one-month package of $9.99, a three-month deal of $20.97, and a six-month offer of $29.99.
Premium features you’ll enjoy include unlimited likes and a more streamlined profile search.
Other features include:
- Who Liked Me – For seeing people who have shown interest in you
- We Met – It lets you share with the moderators your experience after a date with another member
Being that this dating platform only exists as an app, you might be a little disappointed if you prefer using the web instead.
With that out in the air, Hinge’s app is a top spot for bagging long-term friends with benefits and mingling with singles from the younger generation.
8. PlentyOfFish – Most Diverse Dating & Hookup App
- Huge & active membership
- Strict against fake profiles
- Super fun real-time chats
- Well-elaborated filter system
- Fake accounts
PlentyOfFish online dating site is a sage by its rights. It has been in service since 2003 and offers a great space to chat, brew romance, and interact with millions of other singles.
And though not exclusive, POF is also a good hunting ground for NSA, a one-night stand, and other casual relations.
It qualified as a ‘best casual dating app’ because it has a large membership of 150 million users and records up to 4 million daily app interactions.
The site also includes a geolocating search feature that helps you discover other potentials in your proximity. It saves you the stress of hauling yourself over long distances in the case you are matched with someone from a broader geographical search area.
Its tuned matchmaker goes deep into finding out who you are by asking questions about your interests, career, and family. This helps to cut through the millions of possible matches from the millions of diverse tastes and personalities in the pool.
For a paid membership, you can choose between $19.99, $9.80, or $5.95 for one month, three-month, or an annual subscription respectively.
- Who Viewed Me – To check out who was checking you out
- Meet Me – Lets you find and interact with single users near you
There’s a bunch of fake accounts reported on the site and this requires that you tread carefully whenever you’re in those streets.
Putting a lid on this one, POF is a wonderful dating site where you can get meaningful hookups or a serious relationship. If you have other wants in mind, be sure to make them clear early to avoid coming off as a weirdo down the line.
9. Pure – Best Hookup Site With Great Security Features
- Anonymous interaction with other users
- Easy to set up & get going
- Accommodates fantasies
- Not as effective in smaller cities
You can’t talk of discreteness in adult dating apps without mentioning Pure’s anonymous hookup app.
These guys have inarguably outdone themselves in the world of stealthy hookup sites. This meetup app literally gives every user an invisibility cloak!
Setting up is as easy as putting up your best photo with a catchy caption and voila! Your profile will go live, joining thousands of others, and you’ll also get to see other currently live users as well.
Pure’s privacy features make your profile stay hidden from other users until you start swiping or actively chatting.
They also have a live chat where you can exchange messages with someone you’ve paired with in private.
The best part?
All your personal information including your photos, messages, and profile are immediately deleted when you’re done engaging with a profile.
Pure also uses geolocating search to bring you other attractive hotties in your town/city.
The app also boasts of:
- Video chat rooms – For private, virtual meetings with a crush before you meet
- 24-hour meet deadline – You’ll have 24 hours to either meet or exchange contacts once you start chatting before both your profiles disappear from each other
- Inclusive filter – It lets you search for people with wild fantasies or looking for an affair or other wild kinks you could think of
The only pressing limitation is that people living in small cities won’t have a wide range of profiles to pick from. More so, when the area is underpopulated.
…All other factors remain constant, Pure is pure bliss.
Best Hookup Apps & Sites: FAQs
How Do I Choose the Best Hookup and Dating Site?
One of the best ways to choose the best hookup and dating site is checking the online reviews left by users. These will give you a feel of what to expect if you decide to move forward with a specific platform.
Another pointer to look out for in the top hookup sites is whether the site’s community is active as this can tell you whether or not the app or site’s communication feature is effective.
What Is the Best Free Hookup Site?
Currently, the best free hookup site is Tinder.
It’s one of the mainstream hookup dating sites that lets you engage and mingle with millions of other singles free of charge for the better part.
Tinder stands out because although it also has a paid plan like most casual dating sites, the free membership allows you to message and interact with other profiles via their chat feature.
Do I Have To Pay To Use a Hookup Site or App?
No, you don’t have to pay to use a hookup site or app. There are a couple of real dating sites that offer a completely free online dating experience.
Some like Reddit’s R4R subreddit are some of the best free dating sites that come with zero costs and only require your wit and effort to stand out ahead of the rest.
The only catch is that most of the free hookup sites limit your interactions which would’ve perhaps improved your chances of getting hooked up.
Some Tips for Your First Hookup
Whether you’re a new or regular player, you can use the following nuggets to help improve your odds when using casual dating sites. These are:
- Create an attractive profile as first impressions matter a lot
- State your intentions or desires from the start to avoid giving out mixed signals
- Participate in the forums to increase your visibility and affirm you’re a real person
- Keep your conversations light and lively during chat moments
- Start with the free hookup sites and learn before upgrading
- Be careful with your financial or personal data when using free dating sites
What Features Do Hookup Sites Offer?
No two dating sites are the same.
Different hookup sites offer different features that suit their objectives. Even so, all – if not most – will likely have the following common features:
- Free registration
- Live video and/or text chat
- App for smartphones
- Profile matching feature
- Search & filter tools
- Report button for unearthing scammers & weirdos
Better, more sophisticated features (like geolocation for a local hookup) are normally available for premium members using paid hookup sites and apps.
Are Hookup Dating Sites Safe?
Most hookup and online dating sites and apps go the extra mile to ensure that their members’ safety and privacy aren’t compromised.
However, you can do the following to ensure personal safety when using hookup websites:
- Always ask for unfiltered pictures after linking with a stranger online
- Request a video call before physically meeting
- Use public, well-secured places for your meetings
RELATED: Best Backpage Alternatives
Hookup Apps & Sites That Work in 2023 – Final Thoughts
While there is no perfect dating site, it’s all about knowing your prevalent tastes and preferences when you’re looking for the right dating platform.
You should also consider a site or app’s safety and privacy when searching for the best adult dating sites.
That’s why FriendFinder came as our top pick today. It offers its members good protection against fraudsters and you can find plenty of like-minded individuals to connect with here.
eHarmony is also a great alternative for slightly more mature singles who are looking for friendships, dates, and much more.
Have you tried any of these dating sites and how did it go?! We’d love you to share your experiences with us below.