Last Updated on
Mesothelioma can hit people out of nowhere. It’s a type of cancer that takes up to 40 years to diagnose. But mesothelioma sufferers aren’t condemned to a quick death. The mortality rates may make grim reading. It’s also true that over 8 million people die from cancer every year.
But so many others continue to live for many years enjoying every day to its fullest. Here are some inspirational quotes for mesothelioma sufferers and some important information you should know about.
Inspirational Quotes to Keep You Going in Your Cancer Battle
1. “Time is shortening. But every day that I challenge this cancer and surviving is another victory for me.” – Ingrid Bergman
2. “Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.” – Ambrose Redmoon
3. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at a time of challenge and controversy.” – Martin Luther King
4. “Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul.” – Jim Valvano
5. “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
6. “Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.” – Anonymous
7. “We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.” – Winston Churchill
8. “You can be a victim of cancer, or a survivor of cancer. It’s a mindset.” – Dave Pelzer
9. “No matter what the statistics say, there is always a way.” – Bernie Siegel
10. “Cancer is a journey, but you walk the road alone. There are many places to stop along the way and get nourishment – you just have to be willing to take it.” – Emily Hollenberg
Mesothelioma is Not the End
Mesothelioma is one of the most dangerous cancers around. Few are expected to live for five years beyond the initial diagnosis. However, more and more people are defying the odds through a range of innovative alternative cancer therapies.
Take Paul Klaus as an example. He’s a mesothelioma sufferer who has managed to survive for more than 20 years with the disease because he made some big changes to his diet and lifestyle.
And others are following in his footsteps.
Supporting Yourself through Diet
Toxic chemo and radiation therapies aren’t the only options on the table for mesothelioma sufferers. Dietary changes can make a difference. Klaus is only one example of mesothelioma survivors who have continued to live because they followed the right diet for them.
A diet rich in anti-oxidants has been scientifically shown to actively fight against a range of cancers, including mesothelioma. The same goes for Vitamin C (IV) therapy.
Nutrition is important and making simple changes to your lifestyle can negate the need for complex and toxic therapies.