Last Updated on May 30, 2022
Materials provided by: onebeautifulbride.net
Looking for a dating site with Slavic, Latin, or Asian women? Want to know more about the best mail order brides websites? Or maybe you just want to find out if it’s really possible to meet a life partner on a mail order bride website? Read this to learn everything about overseas brides!
Where to get a mail order bride?
Dating sites—mail order brides sites in particular—are the most convenient, the fastest, and the cheapest way to find a life partner from another country. The statistics shows that online dating is extremely popular when it comes to European, Latin, and Asian countries.
5 Best mail order bride websites
- UkraineBride4you—a great mail order brides service with thousands of women from Eastern Europe, with a very detailed mail order brides catalog, and with lots of free services (profile browsing, registration, and search filters). However, you’ll need to buy credits to use this online dating website (from $400 for 100 credits, $8 for 2 credits).
- CuteAsianWoman—if you’re interested in a relationship with Asian ladies, this is one of the best dating websites for you. It’s not free—to use all the services of this site, you will have to buy credits (from $400 for 100 credits, $8 for 2 credits). The number of online communication features is quite high—you can send messages, use a live chat, and video chat here.
- SingleSlavic—one of the biggest Slavic dating sites for those who are searching for long distance relationships—this dating platform has all you need, from live chat to gifts. You can browse profiles, and even read the letters for free, but you will have to buy credits to use premium services (from $4 (2 credits, first offer) to $399 (100 credits).
- DateNiceAsian—one of the biggest platforms for those who prefer Asian women. The number of messaging tools is quite high from live chat to voice call, but they all are paid—to use them, you will have to buy credits (from $8 for 2 credits). The registration process is very fast and 100% free.
- ColombiaLady—one of the biggest Latin mail order bride sites with thousands of women, modern interface, and lots of communication tools including video chat. You can create a profile and browse female profiles for free, but all the services offered by ColombiaLady are not free to use. The credits cost from $4 (2 credits, first offer) to $399 (100 credits).
What is a mail order bride?
According to Wiki, a mail order bride is a woman who “lists herself in catalogs and is selected by a man for marriage” and works with “international marriage agencies”. Dictionary.com says that it’s a “woman who accepts a contractual marriage arranged by an agency or brokerage after a period of long-distance courtship”.
Obviously, these definitions are a bit outdated because it’s not always about a contractual marriage and it’s not always about international marriage agencies anymore. International dating sites are much more popular today. With tens of thousands of international brides (both young girls and women in their 40s), lots of success stories, and with such communication tools as instant messaging and video calls, mail order brides services become the #1 destination for those who want to find love online.
Is it possible to buy a wife?
No. The whole process looks like this:
- You chat with women
- You meet them
- You marry a mail order bride and get her to the US
Here’s how much it actually costs.
Mail order bride price
Mail bride sites are usually more expensive than the services you meet local women on. Yes, there are some free platforms, but here’s the deal: if you’re really going to find a wife online, free sites are not the right option for you. They are not safe, not convenient, and they are usually full of scammers and fake profiles. That’s why you’ll have to pay.
3% of Americans spend money on dating agencies and services during 2021. According to surveys, Gen X Americans (those in their 40s and early 50s) spend around $900 per year on dating platforms (men typically spend much more than women). This doesn’t mean you’ll need to spend that much, of course—most dating platforms cost around $100 per month. But it’s the little things that can make a big difference.
International dating websites cost
The point is, it’s about the services you’re going to use. If you only need a live chat, you’ll probably spend less than $100 per month. However, if you are going to spend hours in a video chat, this might cost you more than $500 per month.
Mail order wife price: full cost breakdown
You will have to meet your bride in person. Here, we’ll provide you a full cost breakdown for the three most popular bride countries.
P.S. Just keep in mind that the total cost of the bride depends on a lot of factors, from the airline travel classes and the hotel room type to the number of guests at the wedding and the place where the mail order nuptials will take place. Right here, you will find a breakdown of mid-range travel style.
- Tickets: $1,000
- Hotel room: $550
- Food: $200
- Transportation: $300
- Entertainment: $450
- Total: $2,500
- Tickets: $650
- Hotel room: $650
- Food: $250
- Transportation: $400
- Entertainment: $450
- Total: $2,400
- Tickets: $400
- Hotel room: $600
- Food: $300
- Entertainment: $550
- Total: $2,050
Main mail order bride countries
What countries and regions should you pay attention to if you’re going to find foreign brides? The answers are right here!
It looks like the biggest mail order bride sites are the Asian dating sites such as CuteAsianWoman—there are always tens or even hundreds of thousands of beautiful women on these platforms. Asia is the most popular mail order bride region in the world with 15,386 new K-1 visa holders.
The most popular Asian mail bride countries are the Philippines (more than 7,100 mail brides in 2019), Vietnam (almost 1,800), China (1,100), Thailand (850), and India (almost 800).
As for South America, it’s not the most popular mail order brides region—but you still need to pay attention to it. Such countries as Colombia and Brazil are the most popular mail bride countries in this region—in 2019, there were more than 1,000 K-1 visa holders from each of these countries. Peru (410), Venezuela (288), and Ecuador (264) are also worth your attention.
If you want to find even more mail order brides, you need to include Mexico—technically, it’s not a South American country, but Mexican women are also extremely popular among American men (1,676 new K-1 visa holders in 2019).
Eastern European countries
Western Europe isn’t that popular when it comes to mail order brides. Eastern Europe is, however, a very common destination for those who are searching for a bride online.
860 women from Ukraine, 815 women from Russia (read how to find Russian brides), 135 Polish ladies, 112 women from Bosnia and Herzegovina, and 111 girls from Belarus got a K-1 visa in 2019!
Not all women who got a K-1 visa met their partners through region-specific dating websites. However, there is a clear pattern here—for example, more than 64% of women who have met an American partner on a dating platform are from Asia (14% are from Latin America and 5% are from Europe).
Are mail order brides legal?
In short, yes: it’s totally legal to marry a woman from another country. It doesn’t matter where you’ve met her, be it a dating platform like UkraineBride4you or Facebook. Here, we’ll talk about this topic in more detail.
Mail order bride regulators
Unfortunately, it’s not always safe for mail brides to move to the United States. Human trafficking, domestic slavery, sexual slavery—there are lots of dangers mail brides can face. Women who have just entered the US are financially dependent on their husbands, they are often not fluent in English, and they are very vulnerable. To protect them, several laws were enabled by the federal government. We’re talking about VAWA and IMBRA here.
VAWA (the Violence Against Women Act) encourages women to report of sexual assaults to police and to understand the sexual violence (because unfortunately, many brides come from countries where sex without consent is considered justifiable).
IMBRA, the International Marriage Brokers Regulation Act (2005) helps protect mail brides and inform them of their rights when they enter into marriage. Due to IMBRA, mail brides are informed of the criminal history of their partners.
Marrying foreign women: a step-by-step guide
It’s legal to marry a woman from another country. However, the process is very different from marrying a woman from the United States. Let’s be more detailed—here’s how you’ll marry your mail bride from Russia or Ukraine, Colombia, China, or any other country.
- You chat online, meet in person, fall in love, and propose to her. Please, keep in mind that it’s necessary that you have met before your bride applies for a visa—because she’ll be able to get it only if you have met at least once. It’s highly recommended to save as many proofs of the legitimacy of your relationship as possible—tickets, photos, messages, etc. Don’t delete anything—you’ll need it later. After this, your bride will file the form I-129F.
- In 1 month, she’ll get a mail from the USCIS with the date of her K-1 visa interview.
- Before the interview, your bride will need to file the visa application (Form DS-160). Don’t forget that she’ll have to print the confirmation page of this form!
- Then, she’ll attend the interview (we’ll talk about it later).
- When it’s done, your bride will provide her photos, passport, police clearance, and other documents to the USCIS. You’ll have to do the same (you’ll also need to sign an Affidavit of Support or Form I-864).
- After the arrival, your bride will be able to get a green card. In 3 years after that, she’ll be able to become a US citizen.
Getting a mail order wife: K-1 visa interview
For most brides, it’s the most stressful part of the process. But in fact, neither you nor your bride should worry about the interview—if your relationship is legitimate, there will be no problems with the USCIS officers. The interview will last around 30 minutes—the officers will ask your bride a lot of questions about your relationships, about your and her background, and about your marriage plans. Large age difference can be a red flag for the officers, but it’s never about 1 red flag—so if everything is ok except for the age gap, your bride will most likely get her K-1 visa.
Marrying a foreign bride—K-1 or CR-1?
It’s not only about K-1 visas, of course. Your partner can enter the US on a CR-1 visa—but you’ll need to marry her in her country before she’ll be able to get it. The CR-1 visa has a higher approval rating and it’s also a bit cheaper than K-1 visa ($1,200 vs $2,000). The amount of paperwork required for CR-1 visa is the same as the amount of paperwork required for K-1 visa.
Online dating statistics: 2019
35,881—that’s the number of the new K-1 visa holders in 2019. The K-1 visa is also called “fiance(e)” visa—because it allows the foreign groom or bride of an American citizen/permanent resident to enter the United States.
This is quite a high number but that’s not all—lots of mail order girlfriends prefer to get married in their country and enter the US only after that—to find out how many mail order women have entered the US in 2019, we need to take a look at CR-1 visas—the ones that permit a foreign wife or husband of an American citizen/permanent resident enter the US. In 2019, almost 25,000 CR-1 visas were issued—and although not all of them were issued to Latin women, Asian mail order brides, or Russian brides, it’s still a huge number.
In 2020, however, the number of Western men who found a mail order girlfriend, married her, and took her to the US, was much lower than in 2019.
Mail order wife statistics: What changed in 2020
In 2020, only 16,849 K-1 visas were issued.
But it’s not about Asian brides, Ukrainian brides, or women on Latin dating sites—it’s not that they suddenly stopped using online dating services and refused to talk, meet, and get married to American men.
It’s all about the COVID-19 pandemic and the travel/visa restrictions imposed because of it. In 2020, the entry of most immigrant and non-immigrant visa applicants was suspended by President Trump, and K-1 visa applicants were affected, too—the embassies only did interviews 1 day a week which obviously resulted in delays.
So, there are still tens of thousands of Asian, Latin, and Eastern European women on dozens of popular dating sites and you can still find a wife online. It’s just a bit more time-consuming right now, but this situation won’t last forever.
How do mail order brides work
Before, we talked about mail order bride websites. But once you start searching for the best mail order bride dating site, you’ll notice there are actually two types of these platforms: dating sites and mail order bride platforms. Let’s talk about the differences.
Two types of international dating websites
First of all, a mail order bride site is a platform for those who are looking for serious relationships. The main difference is that most women on mail bride platforms want to find a husband or at least a long-term partner. If you’re searching for a one-night stand, Tinder will work much better for you, of course—but if you want to find something serious, you need mail order bride services.
Obviously, these sites are designed for long-term long-distance relationships, so they typically offer more messaging tools than classic international online dating platforms. On mail bride sites, you can often find such features as video chat, voice calls, and real/virtual gifts. What’s more, these websites are usually not free to use—which is quite obvious, taking into account the amount of features and services offered by such platforms.
An “international dating site” is, in turn, a dating site for those who want to find a girlfriend or a penpal. Such websites are typically not the best choice for those who are searching for a serious relationship. An average dating site is cheaper (or even free) than an average mail bride site (there are no free mail order brides platforms).
The number of features offered by such platforms is typically quite low—usually, it’s only about live chat and email. However, you still should pay attention to international dating websites—because they are a perfect place for you if you are searching for something casual and easy.
Do mail order bride marriages work?
In short, yes: online romance really works and tens of thousands of men from the United States meet European, South American, and Asian women every year.
Let’s talk about the numbers now. Who is the average mail order brides website user, how much does he make and what does he do for a living? How many people do really meet on international dating sites? And what else do you need to know about online brides? All the answers are right here!
Demographics of mail order bride services
- The median age of an American man on a mail order bride/dating website is 47 years old. The median age of an American man who uses social media (e.g Facebook) to meet a woman from a foreign country is 44 years old. By the way, lots of men from the US meet foreign ladies through online gaming (World of Warcraft and LoL are the most popular games in this regard). It’s obvious that the median age of American men who go this way is lower (33 years old).
- The median age of an alien (woman who get a K-1 visa) who has met an American man on a dating site is 33 years old. The situation is pretty much the same here as with the median age of a sponsor (American men)—30 years old for social media and 28 years old for gaming.
- K-1 sponsors typically make around $45,000 per year (2017 statistics). However, more than 13% of all sponsors make more than $100,000.
- Most K-1 visa entrants go to coastal states. California, Florida, and New York are the most popular states for new K-1 visa holders.
- The Philippines is the most popular mail order bride country in the world, surpassing the second most popular country, Vietnam, by 390%!
- More than 53% Ukrainian brides met their American husbands through a dating site. For all the other countries, the percentage is lower than that (48.9% for Russia, 46% for the Philippines, 45.5% for Indonesia, 44.5% for Venezuela)
Foreign bride statistics: divorce rate
Here’s another thing you have to know if you’re searching for a bride online: if you meet a woman using a site date, you’ll lower your risk of divorce. The point is, according to the studies, the divorce rate in mail-order marriages between American men and Russian women was 35.8%-41.3% which is much lower than the overall US divorce rate (48%). It’s even more interesting taking into account the fact that Russia has a very high crude divorce rate, as well as the US.
When it comes to Asia and South America, everything is obvious, too—the divorce rates in these regions are much lower than in the United States. It doesn’t matter what region you’re going to choose—the divorce rate for international and interracial marriages is always lower.
How to find mail order brides?
Everything is simple—dating a foreign lady is pretty similar to dating in the US. Here are the top 3 tips that will help you find a bride online:
- Choose the best mail order bride website possible.
- Always buy premium subscription. Even if it’s not necessary to buy credits/premium membership to send messages, we still recommend you do it to get more attention and messages from women.
- Upload your best photos and write a good profile bio. The sites with mail brides usually have more women than men, but your profile still should look great to attract more attention.
How to avoid mail order bride scam: Top 5 tips
- Choose legit mail order brides platforms—it might be time-consuming, but it’s 100% worth the time
- Use Google Voice instead of your real phone number
- Fake email is a good choice, too—especially if you want to remain anonymous
- Google the photos of women to make sure their profiles are real
- Do not send money to women
These tips are simple and the majority of online dating users know about them. If you are new to the sphere, make sure to remember these rules and you will avoid the majority of problems that some careless people experience.
Choosing a good online dating website
- Always read the reviews—if the site has lots of negative reviews, you should avoid it
- Check the reputation of the owner—mail order bride sites often belong to groups like Qpid. If the reputation of the owner company is compromised, you should avoid all the sites owned by it.
- Test the site yourself—it’s the best thing you can do to understand if the site is a good choice for you.
We hope our long yet complete mail order bride guide will help you choose the website that will 100% work for you. You have all the essentials and the list of reliable sites, so you can start your online journey right today or immediately.