From a young age, we are always told not to compare ourselves to others. This is because let’s face it, each of us are unique, and in comparing, you are just trying to be more like someone else.
You can never be somebody else, so often, advice that young people are always given is to embrace who they are, and stop comparing themselves to others.
The worst place for this is social media. The rise of influencers and certain filters have made regular people doubt themselves and everything that they are, all because they want to have the same body as their favorite Instagram or TikTok personality. It’s not healthy.
Hopefully, what this article will do is give you a long list of motivational quotes that can help to prove to you that you are in fact special and that nobody can compare to you, regardless of how hard you try to make that comparison.
Is comparison dangerous?
It is often said that the only healthy comparisons are the ones that we make when we are looking to make a positive change in our lives. If we are not making comparisons that are positive for us, then we are making comparisons to others based on things that we can probably not control, and this is very negative for one’s mental health.
While we may naturally compare ourselves to others that we see around us, it is crucial not to let negative thoughts get the better of us. We have seen this too many times in recent years, where young, and easily influenced teens will harm themselves, or cause trouble because they can not be like their ‘idol’ or ‘hero’, and it has helped to create a dangerous aesthetic.
With that in mind, let’s take a look at more than 45 reaffirming quotes about comparison and why oftentimes, it is a negative attribute to exude.
1. “Wear the cap of self-respect and don’t put yourself in other’s shoes” – Nitin Namdeo
2. “Why compare yourself to others and make yourself miserable while you can make yourself better than yesterday.” – Nitin Namdeo
3. “There is no finish line when your competition is with you.” – Nitin Namdeo
4. “Comparing yourself to others is like cursing yourself.” – Nitin Namdeo
5. “The biggest self-abuse in the world is to compare yourself to others.” – Nitin Namdeo
6. “The cheapest act you can do is to compare yourself to someone else.” – Nitin Namdeo
7. “Be yourself, and give them something new to copy.” – Nitin Namdeo
8. “Comparison and lack of self-confidence is the reason for jealousy.” – Nitin Namdeo
9. “Comparison is the cheapest means of killing talent.” – Nitin Namdeo
don’t compare yourself with others quotes
10. “Comparison takes away your delight and brings suffering in return.” – Nitin Namdeo
11. “The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind the scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel.” – Steve Furtick
12. “Personality begins where comparison ends.” – Karl Lagerfeld
13. “How much time he gains who does not look to see what his neighbor says or does or thinks, but only at what he does himself, to make it just and holy.” – Marcus Aurelius
14. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
15. “Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.” – Judy Garland
16. “When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.” – Lao Tzu
17. “A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it, it just blooms.” – Zen Shin
18. “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
19. “You are you. Now, isn’t that pleasant?” – Dr. Seuss
20. “Comparison is the death of joy.” – Mark Twain
21. “Comparison with yourself makes you progressive, comparison with others makes you heartburn.” – Nitin Namdeo
22. “Comparison kills your creativity and makes your dreams blurry.” – Nitin Namdeo
23. “You have something that no one else has, be you and enjoy your being.” – Nitin Namdeo
24. “Your uniqueness increases when you stop comparing yourself to others and start focusing on your own talents.” – Nitin Namdeo
25. “Focus on your dreams, not their results.” – Nitin Namdeo
26. “You have a personality that no one else has, so do not be disrespectful by comparing it to others.” – Nitin Namdeo
27. “A creative person never compares but admires.” – Nitin Namdeo
28. “Don’t compare or compete with anyone, everyone has their own superpowers.” – Nitin Namdeo
29. “Everyone is on their own separate timeline, so there cannot be a comparison between two people.” – Nitin Namdeo
30. “When you know your uniqueness then there is no competition in your life.” – Nitin Namdeo
31. “The most unhappy people around you are those who compare themselves to others.” – Nitin Namdeo
32. “Don’t let your self-esteem bow down by comparing yourself to others, you have your own personality and characteristic, find it and be awesome.” – Nitin Namdeo
33. “By competing or comparing yourself with others, you impose a limit on your true potential.” – Nitin Namdeo
34. “Your competitor is only you, so compare yourself only to yourself.” – Nitin Namdeo
35. “Everything is perfect in its existence and when you realize this, the feeling of comparison disappears from inside you.” – Nitin Namdeo
36. “If you know what the purpose of your life is, you will never compare yourself to anyone.” – Nitin Namdeo
37. “When the creator did not give the same appearance to two people, how can you expect similar qualities in them?” – Nitin Namdeo
38. “Seek inspiration from others rather than comparing yourself to others.” – Nitin Namdeo
39. “You cannot be proud if you are not unique.” – Nitin Namdeo
40. “The reason you are not getting what you want is because you are focusing on what they got. Don’t get distracted by their results, focus on your process.” – Nitin Namdeo
41. “Don’t compare, please don’t be violent against yourself.” – Nitin Namdeo
42. “Most people are in conflict with themselves to be like others and it is very embarrassing.” – Nitin Namdeo
43. “You are worthy enough for yourself.” – Nitin Namdeo
44. “Comparing your bad with their good doesn’t make any sense.” – Nitin Namdeo
45. “Two humans are completely different from each other, comparing them is like insulting nature.” – Nitin Namdeo
46. “Don’t compare your weakness to their strength.” – Nitin Namdeo