Last Updated on
Website requirement analysis can be defined as a series of steps using which the needs of a website are determined. Whenever you are in contact with a client or any other party, there are certain lists of expectations or specifications that he has in his mind. From perspective of a person looking forward to a new website the basic questions that he has in his mind include how will my website look? How will it work?
Target audience and many more. The process of gathering such information and details are known as ‘website requirement analysis’. The person engaged in these operations is addressed as ‘Website Requirement Analyst’.
It is after the concise format of the website requirement analysis, a software strategy is defined and the process of development proceeds accordingly. Many consider the process of website requirement analysis to be stringent and hectic but on the contrary to it, if the process is followed in the best possible manner, can prove to be a savior from major changes, iterations & alterations at the time of first releases for testing. Within the process of website requirement analysis, an analyst just not only understand requirement but also define how the website will categorize its users and based on their role offer them the tools to avail services respective to their domain of operations.[heading color=”black”]Importance of website requirement analysis[/heading]
Clear picture defined easily
One of the best features that website requirement analysis has is a well-defined outlook. That is after a brief session of communication, one will get a clear picture of the requirement and expectations. It is during the initial stages of communication that has to be carried out in the best possible way. Without a clear picture of the requirement, a software development process can never be planned properly. Also a clearly defined path results in a very less chances of errors as well as amendments later on.
Reduction in iterations
Iterations and last minute changes can prove to be a nightmare for developers as well as designers, which is why the process of efficient requirement analysis proves to be a savior. An efficient analysis of website requirements defines the process very clearly so as to save the production department from frequent iterations and above all last minute changes.
Nothing’s permanent and this includes the team too, which is why website requirement analysis proves to be of great help if there is a sudden change in the team. If a website is not analyzed & documented in a perfect manner then in case of a sudden team change, the new team will have to start from level zero again. The documentation part is effectively carried on in a way such that even a sudden handover of project will not affect the working.
Functions performed by a website analyst
- Below mentioned are the roles performed by a Website Analyst:
- Understanding the requirements of the client
- Discussions with designer & developers to identify the appropriate web-technology
- Documenting the requirements
- Conceptualizing the solution
- Documenting the tools that should be developed to convert the solution into a working application
- Analyze the industry and list possible enhancements that can be done so that the scalability of the application can be ensured
- Define the approach & phases of the development
- Define the plan for testing
- Define the plan for deployment
- Identify and list the configurations & software support that will be required to deploy the application on the Live server
Benefits of Good Requirement Analysis
- Assists in saving costs
- The website development cycle is shortened
- Team’s productivity is improved
- Reduction of team conflicts and frequent changes because of which the scripts are optimized
- Less bugs in software developed
Analyzing requirements with regards to a website is never easy, which is why a requirement analysts needs to have the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills with an exceptional command over English, simplicity of speech.
- Technical expertise and knowledge of websites and their working.
- Ability to grasp raw requirements and conceptualize software into full-fledged working solution.
- Group dynamics
- Web savvy
- Project management skills
- Work dedication
Other than just stressing on the portfolio, you also have to pay attention to the person who is defining the software solutions. Business is all about trying to move in accordance with the uncertain future, which is why on a long term website requirement analysis proves to be fruitful.
Check out our previous articles!
- Create Passive Income With YouTube Videos
- Facebook: Redefining Human Relationships
- The Haze of the Blog-o-Sphere
- Google Hangouts – A Creative Way to Increase Your Small Business
- 5 Ways to Earn Money through Social Media
We hope you enjoyed this article! Please don’t forget to subscribe to our RSS-feed or follow Inspirationfeed on Twitter, Google+, and Facebook! If you enjoyed the following article we humbly ask you to comment, and help us spread the word!