Electricity has since joined the likes of food, water, and shelter, as one of the basic needs. Indeed, it’s almost impossible to imagine life without electricity. There would be no way to power your Smartphone, follow your favorite NFL team, or drink your favorite beer right off the refrigerator.
Of course, we cannot discount the fact that electricity is also fairly costly. And I use the word ‘costly’ in its broadest sense.
Besides incurring huge monthly bills to operate electrical equipment, a simple mishap with your electrical connections could be disastrous.
But in spite of all the dangers, electricity remains one of humanity’s greatest allies. That’s why we never seem to run out of ideas when it comes to coming up with electrical puns.
We’ve prepared a collection of hilarious electricity puns that will brighten up your day or light up your world altogether.
1. After a little quarrel, the electrician left without resistance.
2. Bright students study with the lights on.
3. Did you hear what the foolish gardener did? The guy planted a light bulb and though he’d get a power plant.
4. Electricians are all wired differently.
5. Electricians don’t die. They simply lose contact.
6. Electricians find it easy to shop for cars, they just go to Volts-wagen.
7. Electricians only shop in one place, the Ohm Depot.
8. Every electrician ought to be updated on ‘current’ affairs.
9. Have you heard of Giggle Watts?
It’s a new generator powered by jokes and laughter.
10. How do the students feel when the power goes at school?
De-lighted, of course.
11. How many software engineers do you need to change a light bulb?
None – it’s a hardware problem.
12. How many students does it take to change a light bulb?
None. They use CFLs!
13. How many tenants does it take to change a light bulb?
None. Instead, they curse the light bulb, electrician, landlord, and architect.
14. I don’t know watts going on.
15. I feel bad for electricians. They have to strip to make ends meet.
16. If you don’t want to pay an expert to re-wire your house and try to do it yourself, you may be shocked at how tough it can be.
17. If you use electricity with careless abandon, you’ll be shocked at how much damage it can cause.
18. If you want to know what’s going on in the world, just ask an electrician. They’re always updated on current affairs.
19. It can be very shocking when the spark you had with your partner is no longer there.
20. No electrical equipment comes free of charge.
21. Sitting on the electric chair can be such a shocking experience.
22. Some guy was arrested for eating batteries…. He’s going to be charged in the morning.
23. The electrician has OHMitted many crucial details from the contract
24. The electrical cords broke up because there was no spark between them.
25. The light bulb failed his science test because he wasn’t too bright.
26. They all plugged out of the deal.
27. What do you call a worm that eats power cords?
28. What did the energy company’s CEO credit her success to?
A series of strategic power moves.
29. What is a light bulb’s favorite kind of news?
30. What is an electrician’s favorite treat?
31. What was the light bulb’s occupation?
He was a conductor.
32. When do hockey players use the most energy?
During a power play.
33. When he explained to me how electricity is actually measured, I was shocked. I asked him like watt, are you serious?
34. When the electrician accidentally blew the power, the ice-making factory went into liquidation.
35. Why did the electrician marry his neighbor?
He couldn’t resistor.
36. Why did the electricity documentary get such mixed reviews?
People weren’t sure how to feel after it’s shocking ending.
37. Why did the monk always meditate with a light bulb?
It helped him reach enlightenment.
38. Why did the two electricians break up?
There was no spark between them.
39. Wind power is increasingly becoming quite popular. It has a lot of fans.
40. You should try planting a light bulb right in the middle of your garden. You never know, it could grow into a power plant!
I hope you enjoyed our collection of funny electricity puns. Now it’s time to share them with the world and spread the humor.