Last Updated on
The adage “First impression matters” is not in vain. In all spheres of life, business included first impressions matters. It will determine whether you will be able to close that deal you have been eyeing for some time now. In the business world, business cards aren’t just used to pass contact details, but promote your business idea.
When searching for means through which you can endorse your products and services (i.e. business establishment), you need to consider a business card. While it may seem like just another piece of paper, it plays a huge role in business transactions. To your business partners, your business card is an extension of your business.
Discussed herein, are tips and guidelines on how to create an awesome business card:
1. The first things you need to consider while making a business card are your business name and personal name. You need to know how you are going to place your name as well as business name. Normally, the business name is given a larger font than the individual’s name. Nevertheless, this may differ hinging on the kind of business that you are doing. If you are a sales representative, then you need to make the names of your business more conspicuous than your personal names. However, if you are an author or an artist, you need to make sure that your names are more conspicuous than the business name.
2. The center of the business card is usually the focus of a business card. The most important details such as business name and contact details are usually included in the focal point. A logo is important when creating a business card because it is a sign of professionalism.
3. To draw the attention of the reader, you can utilize designs alongside images. In case your business has a unique logo, then you can use as the center of attraction in your business card. If you are considering using logos on your business card, make certain that it is a simple logo so as not to overshadow everything else on the card. But, do not make it so simple that it will bore the reader to death. The objective here is to draw the attention of the person you are passing the business card to so that they can see what you have to provide.
4. When designing a business card, it is important for you to list the products and services that you are offering. This is particularly important if your business name is not fully describing your line of business. For example, in case your business name is XYZ Products Inc. and is selling computers and accessories, it is crucial that you include a statement which clarifies the nature of your business, for instance, a slogan or the kinds of computers and accessories that you are selling. Do not include each and everything that you do in your business. What you need to do is to bring out the nature of your business with as much clarity as possible using fewer words.
Check out our previous articles!
- 25 Impressive Examples of QR Code Business Cards
- 25 Creative Keep Calm and Carry On Posters
- 40 Exciting Occupy Movement Poster Designs
- 55 Unusual Yet Creative Business Card Designs
- The Evolution of Letterheads Throughout The Years
Did you enjoy this article? We would love to hear your thoughts, so don’t be shy and comment below! Please don’t forget to subscribe to our RSS-feed or follow Inspirationfeed on Twitter, Google+, and Facebook! If you enjoyed the following article we humbly ask you to comment, and help us spread the word!