Last Updated on
“User interface” is term a lot of us often see, especially when it comes to gadgets and devices. But does everyone knows what a user interface is?
When we talk about human-machine interaction, the user interface (UI) is the disk space where interactions between a user (human) and the machine take place. The purpose of this interaction is to make it possible for an efficient functionality and command of the unit from the human end, as the machine at the same time provides feedback data that helps the user’s process of decision-making.
The design of the UI is very important in producing a smooth and hassle-free use of a device. In general, the purpose of user interface design is to develop a UI that provides a self-explanatory, effective, and user-friendly operation in the manner that generates the user’s preferred result. This basically means that you just need to provide a small effort or input to attain your preferred output. This also means that the device reduces unwanted results to its users. An essential element of an excellent UI design is its assessment. After working on the creation and development of a user interface design, it has to be screened and calculated to determine the amount to which specifications for the UI have been accomplished.
A great and effective UI design contains all of these characteristics:
- Clarity – The design is user-friendly, making sure that everything is clear and easy to understand.
- Concise – The design is on point with regards to labeling categories that will be shown on the screen.
- Sense of familiarity – It doesn’t matter if the user is a first-timer or not, a number of elements in the design must have a sense of familiarity on how it should be used.
- Responsive – An effective UI design is never sluggish, which means the machine promptly sends feedback to its user about the status of the procedure selected.
- Consistency – The design is better if it’s available in the trifecta of devices these days – a computer, a smartphone, and a tablet.
- Visual appeal – A fantastic UI design isn’t just easy to use and effortless to use, but it should also be striking in terms of esthetics.
- Forgiveness – a lenient design allows the unit to “forgive” users when incorrect commands and keys have been used.
All of these characters are shown in these 40 user interface kits. The best thing about them is that they can be downloaded for free.