Last Updated on December 11, 2019
Tutors have been around for centuries not only to help students study better but also to encourage young minds to love learning.
Sure, there’s school. But different kids learn differently. Some may be visual learners, while others are logical or social.
There’s no one right way to study. And with large groups usually found in a classroom, a single teacher may not be enough to help everyone achieve their full potential.
Here’s where tutors come in. Throughout the course of history, they have been helping students master their subjects, as well as imbue in them a love for knowledge. One-on-one sessions provide students the ample time and unique guidance they need to learn at their own pace.
Today, with the prevalence of technology, it’s become faster and easier to connect with the right tutor. Online platforms like Superprof make this possible. Read on to find out more about how they are helping students achieve their goals – one tutor at a time.
Why hire a tutor?
There are plenty of reasons why you may want to hire a tutor for yourself (or your children). Even students nowadays take the initiative for themselves because of demands from school.
Here are several reasons why hiring a tutor is a good idea:
- Better learning experience. Depending on different factors, teachers may not always offer the best learning experience – especially when classes are bigger. One-on-one sessions with tutors provide an avenue for a more individualized learning experience that is otherwise not given in traditional classrooms.
- Improved academic performance. Of course, everyone would want to have better grades. And in many cases, studying with an expert, particularly for exams, can prepare you well and give you a better understanding of your lessons.
- Higher self-esteem and confidence in learning. That ‘aha!’ moment after finally understanding your subjects can be a great confidence booster.
- Improved study habits. Often, tutors will give tips to their students about studying. These nuggets of wisdom will surely come in handy, especially when they’re young and still formulating their own system of studying and learning.
- Positive attitude towards learning. The students who don’t do well in school usually don’t have a good outlook about learning as well. That’s because they don’t think they can keep up, or may feel inferior to their ‘smarter’ peers. A tutor can be their guide in navigating these confusing subjects, giving them a ‘can-do’ attitude that they can learn anything they set their mind to.
Even the brightest minds will need a little help now and then. Think of tutoring as the motivation you need to get to where you want to be. More than someone who teaches you maths, science, or languages, your tutor is also your friend.
Finding a super tutor at Superprof
Superprof is a platform that will help you connect with your ideal tutor. No need to rely on word-of-mouth references or traditional ads. This modern approach is quick, reliable, and world-class.
Get started in just three easy steps:
- First, make sure you sign up using your email or Facebook account.
- Second, type in the subject you want to learn (e.g. trigonometry, economics, Chinese, singing, etc.) and your location.
- Lastly, choose from among a community of 9 million tutors from around the world!
Each tutor’s profile page will contain tons of info to help you make a sound decision. Aside from their hourly rates, they also provide information on:
- Type of tutoring they are willing to provide (i.e. via webcam, at their home, at your home)
- Subjects they prefer to teach and their levels of expertise
- Their response time (usually within 24 hours)
- Their background (where they graduated, current job, etc.)
- Their CV and reviews from former students
You will pay the tutor directly based on your agreed-upon rates and/or method of payment. Superprof will merely charge a Student Pass or a monthly subscription fee of £29, which is not connected to the tutor’s fees. This is so you can message as many tutors as you want, helping you pick the most ideal one out of the bunch.
Make sure to message several tutors to check their availability (as some may not be able to answer your request). Remember that there’s no obligation between you and a tutor who has accepted your request just yet. Lessons will only begin if both parties have agreed to their own terms.
Once you get your perfect tutor, feel free to cancel your subscription at any time through your dashboard. It’s that’s easy!
It’s never too late to learn anything. Whether you’re aiming to pass your Maths or you want to learn violin as a hobby, the tutors at Superprof will be there to guide you. In just three easy steps – find, book, and learn – you’re just clicks away from the perfect tutor.
Plus, you can learn something new from someone anywhere in the world. How about Spanish lessons from a tutor in Barcelona? Or maybe painting from someone in Paris? The world is literally at your fingertips.
More than an online platform, Superprof wants to foster an atmosphere of responsibility and growth. Tutors are as transparent as possible.
Their system is flexible and intuitive for quick connectivity. And with better plans for the future, this is a service that will be here for you for a long, long time.