Last Updated on January 25, 2022
It’s always a good idea to clean your fireplace on a regular basis for the safety of your family. Cleaning a fireplace is not that difficult if you are confident to do so. If you are not, you should hire a professional to avoid any hazard or confusion.
A technician is well acquainted with the key areas of a chimney. He will check the intel the steel bar which supports the upper level of the opening and up to combustible.
Next, he will check the bricks. Fire bricks are always different from normal bricks as they are heated for a long time continuously. So, it can easily crack.
Fireplace Cleaning Ideas:
The following steps can help you to clean your fireplace in a professional way.
- Make your fireplace cool off: First make sure that your fireplace is totally cool. It may need more time as you think. So, it’s better to wait a day before its cleaning. Cooling the fireplace also will ensure that soot in the air does not harm you before you go close to it.
- Inspect the fireplace clearly: First you should wear safety instruments like masks, gloves, glass, etc. Inspect the fireplace carefully and try to remove the creosote. If the layer is thin, you will be able to do it easily. In the case of a thick layer, you should do it carefully and it also may be a hard task.
- Wrap the usual things before starting: It is a must to wrap valuable things around your fireplace. You also should cover the floor and other furniture in front of the fireplace for further damage. The ashes and liquid solution may damage them. After cleaning it will also help you to remove the disposal in a quick time.
- Removing logs and scooping debris: First, you have to concentrate on the remaining logs. After cleaning that you should remove the creosote dust carefully. To do the process you should use a shovel, dustpan and rubber gloves is a must. Don’t hurry as hurrying can create some unusual problems.
- Choose the right cleaning solution: Cleaning solution is a very important element to help you. The right solution will help in perfectness in the job. You should read the instructions carefully before using it. In most of the cases, you can mix Trisodium Phosphate (TSP) with warm water to make a perfect solution. Never forget your gloves, goggles and having dry clothes. Take care so that the solution doesn’t drip on the floor.
- Select the right scrub brush: After preparing the solution properly, you should start the use of the scrubbing brush. Make sure that the brush is strong, handy and comfortable for rubbing inside the fireplace. Drip the brush into the solution and scrub the place in small circular shapes. Do it as high as you can and go to the downward slowly. Ensure that you have removed the debris clearly.
- Finally, you should rinse and clean up the place. You should wipe and sweep the surroundings well.
In the modern minimalist apartment, a simplistic fireplace is a must-have decor. I hope the above tips will help you to clean the fireplace without much effort. But, after doing the whole process check again.
Doing this simple but important work will save your money and time of dealing with a professional.