Last Updated on
With the advent of technology, many different tools have come up to help customers in various ways. VPN is one of such tools that aims to protect and secure the confidential information of the users.
Virtual private networks are like an additional layer to your security and privacy. It establishes an encrypted connection between your device and the internet connection.
There are several simple ways to set up and use a VPN. Before you know how to set up a VPN and use it, you need to know when you should use a VPN?
When to use VPN security?
It has been suggested by many that VPN should be used all the time while surfing the internet. However, if you are an entrepreneur and run your online business, it is good to use VPN while transforming any confidential data or making any money transaction online. Not using VPN can be risky for the businessmen
How to Set Up a VPN?
For setting up a VPN, you need to download a VPN from an official website. Downloading and installing a VPN is very easy. Once the application is installed, you need to start with the setup. Here is the step by step description of the VPN set up process.
- Open Windows – head into Settings – Network & Internet – VPN
- You will find an option as ‘add a VPN connection’ – Enable the same.
- Give your VPN a Name (connection name)
- You need to provide details of your server name, type of VPN, and sign-in info
- You have to save all the details
- When you need to enable your VPN connection, go to settings and the internet network
- Enable the VPN option and open your browser
- You can also select Advanced VPN connection.
- You need to set up a VPN proxy for advanced connection
- Clear your sign-in info and set up a new password to get connected to advanced VPN
Setting up a VPN connection with your browser directly is also hassle-free now. If you want to use VPN directly with your browser, you can set it up quickly.
How to Set up VPN on your Phone Browser?
If you want to set up VPN in Chrome, you need to follow specific steps. You need to download the VPN app from Play Store. After installing the VPN app, you need to go for a VPN set up.
- Click on Settings on your Phone
- Click on open VPN and the additional connection to the browser
- Add necessary information like hostname, server name, username, password, etc.
- Head into Chrome settings and go to ‘Certificate’ option
- Find the correct certificate in the list and click on ‘import’ option
- Follow the instructions and set up your VPN instantly.
You can enable the VPN while surfing the browser. With a strong VPN security, your data will be protected with no risk of getting stolen. Get your VPN connection today without delay.