Last Updated on January 14, 2022
If you saw $20 laying on the sidewalk chances are you would pick it up. Money is a tool and so is knowledge, knowing more cool facts to impress your friends will never hurt.
Today we gathered sixty fascinating facts that will, hopefully, blow you mind. If you find any of the facts sound like bs, then feel free to use Google. We hope the following facts will entice you to learn more and expand your knowledge. For more compelling facts, be sure to check out @UnusuaI_Facts on Twitter.
1. It would take more than 1000 years to watch every video currently on YouTube.
2. Hippopotamus milk is pink.
3. The first person you think of in the morning, is either the cause of your happiness, or the cause of your pain
4. You have always wanted to meet yourself and see yourself from someone else’s point of view.
5. IKEA stores are designed like a maze in order to prevent customers from leaving.
6. “Snow White and The 7 Dwarfs” was actually based upon cocaine the 7 dwarfs were each side effects from the drug.
7. Beer contains all 13 essential nutrients of life.
8. Having positive thoughts increases your brain‘s ability to make better decisions.
9. Music is able to repair brain damage as well as return lost memories.
10. Ignorant people are more likely to believe they are brilliant, while intelligent people are more likely to underestimate themselves.
11. If you Google the words “zerg rush”, Google will eat the search page.
12. The ‘butterflies’ you get in your stomach when you see someone you like, is actually a stress response caused by adrenaline.
13. Cuddling will literally put a woman into a peaceful state of mind. It can even reduce the stress and strengthen her heart.
14. People born between (1995-1999) have lived in two decades, two centuries, & two millenniums, and they’re not even 18 yet.
15. When a drunk person is talking, 75% of whatever he/she says is true.
16. Your Twitter picture by default is an egg because we are all babies of the Twitter Bird.
17. Singing helps reduce feelings of depression and anxiety. It increases oxygen to your lungs and helps better posture
18. Due to increased brain activity, people with higher intelligence tend to have a harder time falling asleep at night!
19. The average woman smiles 62 times a day. The average man smiles only 8 times.
20. The growth of cancer cells can be slowed down by smoking “marijuana.’
21. Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to slow a film down so you could see his moves.
22. Smelling bananas and/or green apples [smelling, not eating] can help you lose weight.
23. Psychologists say a crush only lasts for 4 months – when feelings last longer, you’re considered to be “in love”
24. The more attracted you are to someone, the easier it is for them to make you laugh.
25. 87% people type things into Google to see if they spelled them correctly!
26. iPod! upside down is still iPod!
27. When you wake up around 2-3 A.M. without any reason, there’s an 85% chance that someone is staring at you.
28. According to psychological facts, the inability to fall asleep at night means you’re awake in someone’s dream.
29. Studies show that children who are better liars tend to become more successful as adults.
30. According to some old myths, birth marks are where you were killed in your last life!
31. Sharks’ are the only animals that never get sick. They are even immune to every known disease including cancer.
32. When two people talks about their hate towards another person, it brings them closer!
33. The sentence “The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.” uses every letter of the alphabet.
34. Think of a number. Double it. Add six. Half it. Take away the number you started with. Your answer = 3!
35. Humor is associated with being smart and honest. Which is why most women are more attracted to men who have a good sense of humor.
36. 91% people feel uncomfortable when the TV volume is an odd number.
37. Daytime naps improve memory; and also cut the risk of heart disease.
39. The best person in your life is the one who comes first in your mind after reading this sentence.
40. When a person cries, and the first drop of tears comes from the right eye, It’s happiness. If it’s from the left, It’s pain.
41. When a person is in love, their brain ignores the person’s flaws and makes it difficult for them to leave a person who causes them pain.
42. Over 90% people make their important decisions of the day while taking shower!
43. It is estimated that millions of trees in the world are accidentally planted by squirrels who bury nuts and then forget where they hid them.
44. Today is the oldest you have ever been, and the youngest you’ll ever be!
45. The wedding ring goes on the left ring finger. Because it is the only finger with a vein that connects to a ‘heart’!
46. Music’ has the ability to repair brain damage as well as return lost memories!
47. Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar made so much money, he spent $2,500 every month just on rubber bands to bundle up his stacks of cash!
48. According to studies, Brunettes make better friends and wives!
49. The word ”bed” is shaped like an actual bed!
50. The University of Florida has an emergency plan in case of a sudden “Zombie” attack!
51. Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from Public Libraries.
52. Chocolate lowers cholesterol, relieves stress, strengthens the immune & reduces anxiety.
53. There’s over 1200 Billionaires in the world.
54. Your brain is more active when you’re dreaming than it is when you’re awake.
55. Before the “eraser” was invented, bread was used to remove pencil marks.
56. The right ear is more efficient for listening to speech, while the left ear is better at listening to music.
57. The United States has spent over $990 Billion Dollars on the ‘war’ with Iraq. This is enough to wipe out world poverty for 10 years.
58. 90% of people never noticed that, after Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says “W T F.”
59. Heath Ledger lived alone in a hotel room for a month to prepare for his role as the Joker, formulating the characters voice and personality.
60. Forgetting is key to a healthy mind: Letting go of memories supports a sound state of mind, a sharp intellect and a superior recall.