Last Updated on July 20, 2021
Who Is Jennifer Aniston?
Jennifer Joanna Aniston, popularly known as Jennifer Aniston, is an American actress, film producer, and entrepreneur. Aniston is one of the most successful Hollywood stars alive.
She has made the list of the highest-paid celebrities in the world since she turned professional in the early 90s. Besides her exceptional acting talent, Aniston is also one of the world’s most beautiful women.
|Full Name:||Jennifer Joanna Aniston|
|Popular Name:||Jennifer Aniston|
|Birth Date:||February 11, 1969|
|Parents:||John Aniston and Nancy Dow|
|Siblings:||Alex Aniston and John T. Melick (all half-brothers)|
|Birth Place:||Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, United States|
|Ethnicity:||English, Irish, Scottish, Greek, and Italian|
|Education:||Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts|
|Marital Status:||Divorced. Formerly married to Brad Pitt (2000 – 2005) and Justin Theroux (2015 – 2017)|
|Net Worth:||300 million (as of July 1st, 2021)|
|Source of Wealth:||Acting and Voice Acting, Film Writing and Production, and Entrepreneurship|
|Height:||5′ 4″ (1.64 m)|
|Weight:||53 kg; In pounds: 117 lbs.|
Early Life and Career Information
Jennifer Aniston was born on February 11, 1969, in Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, to John Aniston and Nancy Dow. Both of her parents are legendary actors, so it’s clear to see where she got her acting genes from. Aniston attended the Manhattan-based Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts, where she became an active member of the school’s drama society.
Jennifer Aniston developed a keen interest in acting at the age of 11, while attending a Waldorf school. She landed several uncredited roles in the 80s, including in the film Mac and Me. However, her breakthrough role came in the 1993 horror film Leprechaun.
From 1994 to 2004, Aniston rose to international fame through her role on the television sitcom, Friends, where she portrayed Rachel Green. Her performance in the sitcom earned her a few prestigious awards, including a Primetime Emmy Award, a Screen Actors Guild award, and a Golden Globe award.
The following are some of the movies that Jennifer Aniston has featured in:
• Picture Perfect (1997),
• Office Space (1999),
• Rock Star (2001)
• The Good Girl (2002),
• Bruce Almighty (2003),
• Along Came Polly (2004)
• Rumor Has It (2005)
• Friends with Money (2006),
• The Break-Up (2006),
• Marley & Me (2008),
• The Bounty Hunter (2010),
• The Switch (2010),
• Horrible Bosses (2011),
• Just Go with It (2011),
• Wanderlust (2012),
• We’re the Millers (2013),
• Cake (2014),
• Horrible Bosses 2 (2014),
• Office Christmas Party (2016)
• The Yellow Birds (2017),
• Dumplin’ (2018), and
• Murder Mystery (2019)
Jennifer Aniston’s Net Worth
As of July 1st, 2021, Jennifer Aniston had a net worth of $300 million. Much of her wealth comes from the commercially-successful films that she has featured in and produced. Aniston is also a savvy entrepreneur and has entered into several lucrative brand endorsement deals as well as invested in quite a few profitable ventures.
Jennifer Aniston’s average movie salary stands at $8 million, and her most commercially successful film so far is the 2011’s Just Go with It, where she earned a cool $10 million.
In 2003, she was ranked the highest-earning actress on the planet, having made $21 million that year. Aniston is also one of the most consistent actresses in terms of salary earnings, and has consistently earned between $25 and $30 million annually over the years.
The following is a rundown of Aniston’s earnings from 1994 to 2016:
• 1994 – Earned $22,500 per episode in the first season of the sitcom, Friends
• 1995 – Earned $20,000 per episode in the second season of Friends
• 1996 – Earned $75,000 per episode in the third season of Friends
• 1997 – Earned $2,000,000 from the film, Picture Perfect
• 1998 – Earned $85,000 per episode in the fourth season of Friends
• 1999 – Earned $100,000 per episode in the fifth season of Friends
• 2000 – Earned $125,000 per episode in the sixth season of Friends
• 2001 – Earned $750,000 per episode in the seventh season of Friends, as well as $3 million from the film Rock Star
• 2002 – Earned $750,000 per episode in the eighth season of Friends
• 2003 – Earned $1 million per episode in the ninth season of Friends
• 2004 – Earned $1 million per episode in the tenth season of Friends, as well as $5 million from the film Along Came Polly
NOTE: Jennifer Aniston also earns royalties from the sitcom, Friends. According to reports, the show can generate as much as $1 billion per year worth of syndication royalties and streaming contracts.
• 2005 – Earned $8 million from the film Rumor Has It
• 2006 – Earned $8 million from the film The Break Up
• 2008 – Earned $8 million from the film Marley and Me, and another $19 million from her various endeavors
• 2009 – Earned a total of $25 million that year
• 2010 – Earned a total of $27 million, including $8 million each from the films The Bounty Hunter and The Switch
• 2011 – Earned a total of $28 million, including $6 million from the film Horrible Bosses, and $10 million from Just Go with It
• 2012 – Earned $8 million from the movie Wanderlust
• 2013 – Earned a total of $20 million, including $5 million in upfront salary from the movie We’re The Millers
• 2014 – Earned a total of $31 million, including $10 million from the film Horrible Bosses 2
• 2016 – Earned $15 million from the movie Office Christmas Party
In addition to movie salary, Jennifer Aniston has also entered into lucrative endorsement contracts. Some of the brands that she has entered into partnership deals with include Aveeno, Emirates, Eyelove, Glaceau, and Smartwater. Aniston reportedly earns $10 million annually from her brand partnerships alone. She has also created a line of fragrances with Elizabeth Arden.
Jennifer Aniston also earned some decent cash from Apple TV, particularly for her role on the show, The Morning Show. Aniston, along with her co-star, Reese Witherspoon, each earned $1.2 million per episode.
In terms of real estate, Jennifer Aniston has flipped a few properties over the years. In January 2012, she acquired a home in Bel Air, Los Angeles, at a cost of $20.1 million. In 2006, she purchased a home in Beverly Hills for $13.5 million. She remodeled the house and sold it in 2011 for $35 million.
Life Lessons from Jennifer Aniston
The first important lesson we can learn from Jennifer Aniston is that it’s never too early to begin chasing your dreams. Aniston took an interest in acting as early as 11 years.
Jennifer Aniston’s success story also emphasizes on the importance of partnering with valuable brands and leveraging their influence to grow yours. The actress has worked with notable names in Hollywood, including Adam Sandler, Gerard Butler, Jason Bateman, to mention but a few.
The need for income diversification is yet another fundamental lesson we can pick from Aniston’s successful acting career. In addition to acting and film production, Aniston also makes decent cash from endorsement contracts, real estate, and other endeavors.
The following are famous quotes by Jennifer Aniston:
“A relationship isn’t going to make me survive. It’s the cherry on top.”
“Quirky is sexy, like scars or chipped teeth. I also like tattoos – they’re rebellious.”
“The best smell in the world is that man that you love.”
“The greater your capacity to love, the greater your capacity to feel the pain.”
“There are no regrets in life, just lessons.”
Jennifer Aniston may be 51 years now. But she is yet to declare an intention to retire from the film industry. Until then, we will always be looking forward to her spellbinding yet sobering movies.