Last Updated on
I’m assuming you are not screaming with excitement like the lady on the article preview image. If you are, then…..great! If you haven’t heard of Klout yet then you could be missing out on something special. Klout is a relatively new platform that helps you to measure your influence across the Internet. Your Klout score can reveal a lot about your online presence and help you understand the areas in which you can improve.
What, and who is Klout?
Klout was founded in 2008 by online enthusiasts Binh Tran and Joe Fernandez. The company is based in San Francisco and has now expanded to employ over 40 people. Klout was set up to help measure and understand the importance of social influence online.
- Klout retrieves data from a wide range of social networks and creates an overall score.
- Currently Klout covers social networks such as FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and more.
- This reveals the extent of your online influence and identifies the influencers you are reaching out to.
- Klout’s powerful software can process 3 billion bits of content every day so that you can get a fresh, up-to-date score each morning.
What is a Klout Score?
A Klout score is based from 1 to 100. The Klout tool is designed to search the web and find your highest ranking topics and other factors such as who you are influencing. In turn revealing just how much presence you have online. When Klout measures your influence, there’s no room for error. They have a killer team of scientists and engineers working everyday to ensure continued accuracy and make the Score clear and actionable.
- Klout scores are based on social interactions such as likes, comments, reTweets, @messages, mentions, Wall-Posts, reshares and more.
- If you gather a lot of attention online from quality sources then your score will increase.
- This can help you to benchmark your own success and achieve goals for your online influence.
- You will be able to see which topics and comments increase your Klout score and which decrease it.
- This will help you to explore who is listening to you, understand your audience better and find new ways to target them.
- Klout also offers additional features like tips and advice to help you increase your score.
- There are also plenty of perks available, that give you access to special products and exclusive events.
Using Klout for Business:
If you run an online business then Klout can help you to engage with your target audience. Use Klout to connect with other influential online users and spread your message. Helping you to get your products and services out there grabbing all the right attention. Klout has analyzed over 85 million people on major social networks, and is used by over 3000 brands and applications.
- You will be able to look at Klout scores in your online community. This will help you to find out who you need to target which can help you to use your time more productively.
- Klout data can be combined with other technologies to create an overall picture of your online influence such as FireFox, Seesmic, Hootsuite and Twitter.
Klout is ideal if you run a website or blog. Your Klout social credit score can have a big impact on the way you develop your web productivity into the future. We would love to hear your feedback regarding article, so please don’t hesitate to comment below! For more informative articles like this, please don’t forget to subscribe to the RSS-feed and follow Inspirationfeed on Twitter+ Facebook! If you appreciate our work, please share this article with your peers.