Last Updated on July 23, 2021
Who Is Lisa Rinna?
Lisa Deanna Rinna is an American actress and television personality who’s best known for playing Billie Reed on the NBC soap opera Days of Our Lives. Rinna is also famous for her role as Taylor McBride on Fox television drama Melrose Place, as well as for being one of the cast members of the reality television series The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
Lisa’s other notable television roles include appearances as a contestant on the reality shows Dancing with the Stars and The Celebrity Apprentice. The shows aired on ABC and NBC, respectively.
Still on television, Lisa Rinna is credited for guest-starring on Veronica Mars, Entourage, 8 Simple Rules, The Middle, and Community. Her television roles also include talk show hosting, where she’s best known for hosting Soapnet’s talk show, Soap Talk from 2002 to 2006.
In addition to her successful career in the entertainment industry, Lisa Rinna is also an acclaimed author. She has written three notable books, including ‘Starlit,’ ‘The Big, Fun, Sexy Sex Book,’ and ‘Rinnavation.’ Rinnavation is a New York Times bestseller.
Rinna is also a model and fashion designer.
|Full Name:||Lisa Deanna Rinna|
|Popular Name:||Lisa Rinna|
|Birth Date:||July 11, 1963|
|Parents:||Frank Rinna and Lois Rinna|
|Birth Place:||Newport Beach, California|
|Ethnicity:||Italian, Portuguese, and English|
|Education:||North Medford High School and University of Oregon|
|Children:||Amelia Gray Hamlin and Delilah Belle Hamlin|
|Net Worth:||USD 10 million (as of April 1, 2021)|
|Source of Wealth:||Acting, Reality Television Appearances, Book Sales, Modeling, Fashion Design, Endorsement Deals, and Other Ventures|
|Height:||5′ 7″ (1.7 m)|
|Weight:||57 kg; In pounds: 125 lbs.|
Early Life and Career Information
Lisa Rinna was born on July 11, 1963, in Newport Beach, California, to Frank Rinna and Lois Rinna. Rinna attended Medford Senior High School, from where she graduated in 1981.
After graduating from high school, Rinna moved to San Francisco, California, to pursue a modeling career. She appeared in a couple of television commercials for various brands.
At the age of 22, Lisa Rinna was featured in the music video for the song “Naughty Naughty” by John Parr. Rinna made her cinematic debut in 1988 after accepting a minor role in the film Captive Rage. In 1990, she appeared in the film Monday Morning as well as in several episodes of the television show The Hogan Family. The following year, she appeared in the television movie Lies Before Kisses as well as in the television series Shades of L.A. and Baywatch.
Lisa’s breakout role came in 1992 after she was cast as Billie Reed on NBC’s soap opera Days of Our Lives. She starred in the series until 1995 but later reprised her role as Billie Reed in 2002, 2012, and 2018. Rinna gained wider recognition in 1996 when she started portraying Taylor McBride on Fox television drama Melrose Place. She starred in the series until 1998. During this time, she landed other film and television roles, including in the 1993 film Robot Wars and 1995 television movie Vanished.
Lisa Rinna continued appearing in various movies and television shows over the next couple of years, including:
• House Rules (1998, television show)
• Nick Fury: Agent of Shield (1998, television movie)
• Another Woman’s Husband (2000, television movie)
• Movie Stars (2000, television show)
• Oh, Baby (2001, television movie)
• Sex, Lies & Obsession (2001, television movie)
• Good Advice (2001, television show)
• My Adventures in Television (2002, television show)
• Soap Talk (2002 – 2006, television show; as the host)
• 8 Simple Rules (2004, television series)
• Veronica Mars (2004 – 2005, television series)
• Dancing with the Stars (2006, television reality show; as a contestant)
• Live with Regis and Kathie Lee (2006 – 2020, television show; as a guest and co-host)
• Entourage (2007, television series)
• Hannah Montana (2008, television series)
• Community (2010, television series)
• Harry Loves Lisa (2010, television series)
• RuPaul’s Drag Race (2010 and 2020, television show; as a guest judge)
• Big Time Rush (2011, television series)
• The Celebrity Apprentice 4 (2010, television reality series; as a contestant)
• The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (2013, television show)
• Sing Your Face Off (2014, television reality series; as a contestant)
Since 2014, Lisa Rinna has been a cast member of the television reality show The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. During the same period, she has continued making television appearances, including on series like C.S.I. (2015), The Hotwives of Las Vegas (2015), The Middle (2017), This Close (2019), and Celebrity Family Feud (2020).
Lisa Rinna’s Net Worth
Lisa Rinna has a net worth of $10 million, as of April 1, 2021. She has earned her millions from her highly successful film and television careers.
Rinna draws a salary of $450,000 per season for her role in The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. That’s enough to make her one of the series’ highest-paid cast members.
The following are the per-season salaries of various former and current members of the RHOBH.
• Denise Richards (Season 9 – 10) – Earned $1 million per season
• Eileen Davidson (Season 5 – 7) – Earned $0.75 million per season
• Kyle Richards (Season 1 – Present) – Earns $0.5 million per season
• Lisa Vanderpump (Season 1 – 9) – Earned $0.5 million per season
• Yolanda Hadid (Season 3 – 6) – Earned $0.5 million per season
• Erika Jayne (Season 6 – present) – Earns $0.5 million per season
• Kim Richards (Season 1 – 5) – Earned $450,000 per season
• Adrienne Maloof (Season 1 – 3) – Earned $200,000 per season
• Taylor Armstrong (Season 1 – 3) – Earned $175,000 per season
• Brandi Glanville (Season 3 – 5) – Earned $136,000 per season
• Camille Grammer (Season 1 – 2) – Earned $100,000 per season
• Teddi Mellencamp (Season 8 – 10) – Earned $100,000 per season
• Dorit Kemsley (Season 1 7 – present) – Earns $100,000 per season
Besides acting and television appearances, Lisa Rinna also makes money through modeling and endorsement deals.
Rinna has graced the covers of Playboy magazine, Soap Opera Magazine, Soap Opera Digest, Living Well, and CVLUX. She has also appeared on the runway for Shahida Clayton and Kyle Richards.
Lisa’s notable endorsement earnings came from appearing in commercials for Mars Inc., Taco Bell, Winsor Pilates, and Depend. She reportedly made $2 million for being the spokesperson of Depend.
Rinna also makes money from book royalties.
Other notable business ventures by Lisa Rinna include:
• Belle Gray, a clothing boutique which she co-owned with her husband
• Activewear which she launched in partnership with Goldsheep
• The Lisa Rinna Collection, which she launched on QVC in April 2012
Lessons from Lisa Rinna
1. Have a finger in every pie
It’s almost impossible to amass meaningful wealth pursuing one business venture. It appears that Lisa Rinna understands this crucial success lesson, which is why she undertakes various endeavors in and out of the entertainment industry.
2. Keep your private life away from the public limelight
Despite being married to an actor for more than two decades, Rinna and her husband Hamlin have managed to keep their private life away from the spotlight.
3. Give back
Lisa Rinna is a renowned philanthropist. She has donated generously to various charity and humanitarian organizations over the years, such as The Trevor Project.
Famous Quotes by Lisa Rinna
“I have two children, and they know that I never pass up a piece of cake, ever.”
“I love my shoulders; they’re strong. I like the way they move, and I like the way they look in clothes.”
“I’ve got really good people around me, and I feel really blessed to get to do everything I get to do, so to me it’s a joy.”
“Just like I believe God is everywhere, I believe that whether it’s nature, whether it’s sitting on a bike in spin class, that can be church, too, for me.”
“Love is all there is. That I know to be absolutely true.”
Lisa Rinna is an American actress, television star, model, and author who has a net worth of $10 million. Rinna attributes her net worth to her illustrious film and television career, as well as her strong enterprising spirit.