Last Updated on January 24, 2023
Who Is Paris Jackson?
Paris-Michael Katherine Jackson is an American model, actress, and singer. Jackson is best known for being the second child and only daughter of the late pop star Michael Jackson and his wife Debbie Rowe.
But although she’s the daughter of the legendary Michael Jackson, Paris Jackson did not shoot to the limelight until after her father’s death on June 25, 2009. As a singer, Paris achieved mainstream recognition in 2020 after inking a recording deal with Republic Records, through which she released her debut single “Let Down.” Her debut album, titled ‘Wilted,’ arrived on November 18, 2020.
Paris Jackson Quick Facts
|Full Name:||Paris-Michael Katherine Jackson|
|Popular Name:||Paris Jackson|
|Birth Date:||April 3, 1998|
|Parents:||Michael Jackson and Debbie Rowe|
|Siblings:||Michael “Prince” Joseph Jackson, Jr. (older biological brother) and Prince “Bigi” Michael Jackson II (younger half-brother)|
|Birth Place:||Beverly Hills, California, United States|
|Education:||The Buckley School|
|Marital Status:||Single but was recently in a relationship with Gabriel Glenn|
|Net Worth:||USD 100 million|
|Source of Wealth:||Modeling, Acting, Singing, and Other Ventures|
|Height:||5′ 10″ (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||55 kg; In pounds: 121 lbs.|
Early Life and Career Information
Paris-Michael Katherine Jackson was born on April 3, 1998, in Beverly Hills, California, United States, to Michael Jackson and Debbie Rowe. Her first name was inspired by the French capital city where she was conceived. The name was also a childhood promise by her father Michael Jackson as well as her aunt La Toya and Kathy Hilton that if they were ever blessed with a daughter in the future, they would call her Paris.
Paris Jackson was raised solely by her father after the-late Michael Jackson received full child custody rights following his divorce from Debbie Rowe in 1999. Jackson grew up at her father’s Neverland Ranch, along with her siblings.
Paris and her brother Prince both attended Buckley School, a prestigious private school located in Sherman Oaks, California. While in high school, the siblings participated in numerous extracurricular activities, including softball, football, and cheerleading.
Paris Jackson formally kicked off her modeling career in January 2017 by appearing on the cover of Rolling Stone.
She subsequently signed a modeling contract with IMG Models on March the same year, through which she undertook many of her next modeling gigs.
Film and Television Career
Paris Jackson made her television debut in 2003 by appearing as herself in two television special documentaries – ‘Living with Michael Jackson’ and Michael Jackson’s Private Home Movies.’ In 2010, she again appeared as herself in ‘The 52nd Annual Grammy Awards’ and on ‘The Oprah Winfrey Show.’
Jackson went on to grace many other television shows, either as herself or as an actress. They include:
• The X Factor (2011)
• The Ellen DeGeneres Show (2011)
• Oprah’s Next Chapter (2012)
• 59th Annual Grammy Awards (2017)
• Star (2017)
• 28th GLAAD Media Awards (2017)
• The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (2017)
• 2017 MTV Video Music Awards (2017)
• Scream: Resurrection (2019)
• Vogue (2019)
• Jimmy Kimmel Live! (2020)
• American Horror Stories (2021)
• The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (2022)
Although she had graced many television shows since 2003, it was not until 2018 that Paris Jackson appeared in her debut feature film, in the movie Gringo. Jackson has since made three more notable film appearances, including in The Space Between (2021), Habit (2021), and Sex Appeal (2022).
Paris Jackson co-founded the musical duo ‘The Soundflowers,’ alongside Gabriel Glenn. The Soundflowers performed its debut gig on June 23, 2018, at the Canyon Sessions. The group released its debut self-titled Extended Play (EP) on June 2020.
In 2020, Jackson inked a recording deal with Republic Records. She then released her debut single, ‘Let Down,’ on October 29, 2020. Her debut solo album was eventually unveiled on November 18, 2020.
Paris Jackson’s Net Worth
Michael Jackson had a net worth of $500 million at the time of his death in 2009. As expected, Paris and her siblings Prince and Bigi were entitled to the lion’s share of their father’s estate.
According to an unverified 2014 report by Page Six, each of the Jackson siblings receives an annual allowance of $8 million from the late Michael Jackson’s estate. That means Paris has received around $100 million in inheritance money alone as of 2022.
However, Paris Jackson’s paychecks do not only come from her late father’s vast business empire. The young superstar makes money from her various undertakings in the entertainment industry, which include modeling, acting, television appearances, and singing.
As of 2023, Jackson had a net worth of $100 million.
Lessons from Paris Jackson
1. Chart your own path in life
Having been born to a successful pop star, it would have been convenient for Paris Jackson to sit back and wallow in the glory of her father’s accomplishments. But no. Paris decided to chart her own path by venturing into modeling, acting, and singing.
2. Never let other people’s mean remarks put you down
Jackson was a subject of verbal bullying in school. However, she has stated that she never paid attention to her bullies.
3. Take pride in your identity
Paris Jackson is proudly bisexual. She doesn’t shy away from admitting to her sexual orientation.
Famous Quotes by Paris Jackson
• A ton of kids at school have made fun of me; if I had to give advice to other girls, I would say, ‘Hang loose and ignore them. They shouldn’t faze you no matter how popular they think they are.
• Now I see other kids and their parents, and I compare them to my dad. Our dad was a really normal father when he was with us. We would get grounded if we did something bad. He would ground us. He wouldn’t call it grounding; he’d just say, ‘You’re on punishment.’ Sometimes we’d be on punishment a lot.
• Some people try to cyber bully me; they try to get to me with words, but that doesn’t really work.
• They always say, ‘Time heals.’ But it really doesn’t. You just get used to it. I live life with the mentality of ‘OK, I lost the only thing that has ever been important to me.’ So going forward, anything bad that happens can’t be nearly as bad as what happened before.
• You can be, like, a totally different person on camera, and it’s fun. You can take on another character, and it’s awesome.
Paris Jackson is an industrious young model, actress, and singer with a jaw-dropping net worth of $100 million. Although she was born into fame and fortune, Jackson has chosen to chart her own path in life.