Last Updated on October 12, 2021
Are you hunting for the perfect name for your new son? Since you are reading this article, it is safe to say that you want a name that is iron-clad and full of power. So sit back and enjoy the list that we have compiled – it is packed with fiery meanings, strong animals and warriors!
Traditionally, baby sons are seen as future protectors. If you wish to honor this old tradition with a meaningful name, then you are welcome to look at our list of popular names that mark young boys as defenders.
- Abiri (Hebrew) – My hero, my strength.
- Alexander (Greek) – Defender of man.
- Barlas (Turkish) – Hero, brave and chivalrous.
- Berk (Turkish) – Firm and solid.
- Drudo (Italian) – The strong defender.
- Liam (Irish) – Unwavering protector.
- Sasha (Greek) – Protector.
- Warrick (English) – Strong leader who defends.
- William (German) – Protector who is willing.
These names are wildly popular. What makes word names so beguiling is that you can take any word from the English language and used it as a name. This trend is prevalent among the children of Hollywood stars, for example, actress Gwyneth Paltrow’s daughter Apple.
- Phoenix – A mythical bird of fire.
Put Some Grrr in Your Son’s Name
Names that reflect powerful animals are hugely popular for baby boys. If you love nature and animals and want to pick a strong totem name for your son, then this section is definitely for you.
- Ajax (Grecian) – Eagle.
- Amell (German) – The power of an eagle.
- Arno (German) – Eagle.
- Arnold (German) – Strong as an eagle.
- Barrett (German) – Bear strength.
- Benno (German) – A bear.
- Bernard (German) – Strong as a bear.
- Conal (Irish) – Strong as a wolf.
- Ebert (German) – Strong boar.
- Everette (English) – As brave as a wild boar.
- Honovi (Hopi) – Strong deer.
- Leonard (German) – Strength of a lion.
- Simba (Swahili or Shona) – Lion and strength.
- Wulfric (English) – Wolf power.
Lead The Way
Do you have the feeling that your little man might make a good leader one day? Give him an auspicious start by giving him a name that means exactly that.
- Alaric (German) – All-powerful ruler.
- Baldric (Germanic) – A bold and brave ruler.
- Conrad (German) – A brave, bold leader.
- Enzo (Italian) – The winner or conquest.
- Griffin (Welsh) – A strong lord.
- Guy (French) – Leader.
- Idris (Welsh) – A fiery leader or prophet.
- Richard (German) – Brave ruler.
A Manly Man
If only an ultra-masculine name will do for your new son, then this list contains the most popular power names for boys today.
- Andre (French) – Strong and manly.
- Anders (Scandinavian) – Strong and manly.
- Andreas (Greek) – Strong and manly.
- Andrew (Greek) – Strong and manly.
- Angus (Gaelic) – One strength.
- Arsenio (Spanish) – Virile and strong.
- Farrell (Irish) – Courageous man.
- Fergus (Scottish) – Supreme man.
- Montgomery (Norman) – Man power.
- Mel (English) – He who is daring.
Names That Mean “Strength”
There are countless boy names that translate as “strength” or “strong” or “power.” While essentially the same thing, names do have their own tiny differences that make them stand apart from each other in this group.
- Azai (Hebrew) – Strength.
- Armstrong (English) – Strong arms.
- Autry (Anglo-Saxon) – Noble strength.
- Benhail (Hebrew) – Son of strength.
- Beren (Turkish) – Strong and smart.
- Bidzil (Navajo) – He is strong.
- Chasin (Hebrew) – Strong and mighty.
- Craft (German) – Strong or courageous
- Deandre (English) – Many, strong.
- Duron (French) – Strong.
- Elfried (German) – Elf strength.
- Emeric (French) – Power.
- Eric (Norse) – Ever mighty.
- Ethan (Hebrew) – Strong and firm.
- Farris (English) – Strong as iron.
- Garrett (Irish) – Spear strength.
- Gus (Gaelic) – One strength
- Imre (Hungarian) – Strength.
- Jarek (Slavic) – Fierce and strong.
- Kenzo (Japanese) – Strong and healthy.
- Mandla (Xhosa) – Strength.
- Nero (Latin) – Strong, vigorous and powerful. Also the infamous Roman Emperor.
- Onan (Hebrew) – Strength and power.
- Oswald (English) – Divine power.
- Oz (Hebrew) – Strength, powerful and courageous.
- Quinlan (Irish) – Strong and fit.
- Ryker (Danish) – Superior strength.
- Sisu (Finnish) – Strength, tenacity, determination, and willpower.
- Stark (English and Scottish) – Unyielding.
- Takio (Japanese) – Strong as bamboo.
- Valens (Latin) – Strong, healthy, and vigorous.
- Valentine (Latin) – Strength, health.
- Wayan (Sanskrit) – Energy and strength.
- Zale (Greek) – Strength of the sea
Names with battle connotations are also popular with new parents. If that sounds like you, then tet’s look at all the best boy names that reflect weapons, warriors and combat.
- Bertrand (German) – A bright shield.
- Denzel (Cornish) – From the high stronghold.
- Cathal (Irish) – Powerful in battle.
- Dries (Dutch) – Man or warrior.
- Dustin (English) – Brave warrior, fighter.
- Egon (German) – Strong with a sword.
- Evander (Scottish, greek) – Archer, strong man.
- Harvey (French) – Battle worthy.
- Herbert (German) – Illustrious warrior.
- Helmer (Swedish) – Fighting fury.
- Ivar (Icelandic) – Bow warrior.
- Jan (Finnish) – Helmet warrior.
- Jerry (Irish) – Brave spearman.
- Malin (Sanskrit and English) – Little warrior, crowned, strong.
- Quillon (Latin) – Crossing swords.
- Ragnar (Norse) – Warrior or judgment.
- Thor – Thunderous, also the warrior god of thunder.
Fame and Power
There is nothing wrong with wishing for prosperity for your son. While we cannot predict what the future holds for our children, we can certainly pick names that glitter with wealth and power!
- Kendrick (English) – Royal power or fiery.
- Meinrad (German) – Strong counsel.
- Merrick (Anglo-Welsh) – Fame and power.
- Raghnall (Scottish and Irish) – Advice or power.
- Reginald (French) – Counsel power.
- Riker (German) – Rich and powerful.
Q: What are the Most Popular Boy Names?
Popular names come and go but the names that seem to stay in the top choices are Noah, James, Robert, and John.
Q: What is a Unique Boy’s Name?
It takes a little creativity to come up with a unique name for your son. Look at foreign languages for a beautiful word or combine names (or words) to invent something that is truly remarkable.
Q: What is a Badass Name for a Boy?
The best badass names sound strong and sometimes, their meaning is also immediately clear. Popular examples include Blaze, Chase, and Bruce.
Q: What is a Strong Male Name?
Strong male names often sound strong (just like badass names). However, a strong name can also sound gentle and instead have a meaning that’s heroic and powerful.