Last Updated on July 30, 2021
A wedding is one of life’s most auspicious occasions.
So, if a relative, friend, or even work colleague is preparing to walk down the proverbial aisle, it’s only fair that we help them celebrate the occasion in a befitting manner. And one way to help a wedding couple mark this historic event is by showering them with wedding cards containing your warm and heartfelt wishes.
In this post, we shall list some of the best wedding wishes to write on a card, but first things first.
Do You Need A Wedding Card?
Yes, a wedding card is absolutely necessary, regardless of whether you’ll be attending the wedding in person or not.
A wedding card serves two fundamental purposes.
First, it allows you to share your sincere wishes with the couple. And since tradition dictates that a wedding card should go along with your physical gift, the card also allows the couple to know who the gift is from.
It’s also important to emphasize the significance of a physical wedding card. Admittedly, we’re living in the digital age where we prefer sending messages via SMS services and social media platforms. However, note that your wedding wishes will only deliver maximum impact if you send them along with a physical wedding card.
Things to Consider When Writing a Wedding Card
Writing a wedding card may appear easy. But there are a few unwritten rules to follow in order to get it right.
First off, ask yourself how well you know the couple. The extent of your familiarity with the couple (or even one of them) will help you to determine the nature and length of the content to include in the card. Generally, the closer you are to the couple, the longer and more personal your wedding wishes would be. You might even include quotes, witty remarks, or memories of you together in the card. For wedding couples that you’re distantly related to, simple one-liners would do.
Next, you should try to establish the couple’s personality. For instance, a more reserved couple would prefer something formal.
Another consideration when writing a wedding card is to find out if the couple is religious. If they are, it won’t hurt to throw in a spiritual verse into the card.
Last but not least, if you’ll not be attending the wedding, it’s important to not explain your reasons on the card. Instead, you could add a short phrase like ‘I wish I were there’ to go along with your wedding wishes.
Traditional Structure of a Wedding Card
i. Address the couple
A wedding card should generally start by addressing the couple directly. You can address them using their individual names if you expect your card to arrive before the occasion starts, such as – Becky and Collin. If you suspect that the couple will read the card after the wedding, consider addressing them using their family name, such as Mr. and Mrs. Collin.
ii. Congratulate the couple
After addressing the couple, briefly congratulate them for their impending nuptials.
iii. Wish them well
This is the most important section, as it’s where you include your wedding wishes.
iv. Share a memory
It’s advisable to only share a memory if you’ve personally known the couple for some time. Otherwise, skip this section.
v. Thank them
Here, you’re simply thanking the couple for inviting you to their wedding. This would also be the part where you express your regrets in case you couldn’t attend the event in person.
vi. Sign off
A sign off should be as brief as including your name and adding an optional signature. However, remember to reiterate your heartfelt wishes. You can do that by simply writing ‘Best wishes’ or Congratulations once again.
80+ Best Wedding Wishes
1. All love stories are special, but yours is one of the most beautiful I’ve had the fortune to witness. I wish you love, laughter , and happiness for all your years ahead.
2. At last, you guys hitched. Make the most out of your relationship and have a blast.
3. Before you start your new life, I want to say, always make each other your top priority and make love the focal point of your everyday life! Happy wedding!
4. Best wishes on this wonderful journey, as you build your new lives together.
5. Both of you are adorable and beautiful. Keep the spark alive and celebrate your wedding every day.
6. Congrats my dear on your wedding! May you both stay in love forever and wishing you a happy married life in the future!
7. Congratulations on tying the knot! May you have a happily married life!
8. Congratulations on your marriage! Wishing you years of happiness and happy married life!
9. Congratulations to you on this day! Always cherish the love you have for each other and never let it fade away. Accept my heartiest wedding wishes for you!
10. From today, you are not just two different people in love, but you are a family. A whole package of love, passion, and affection!
11. Getting married is like going to drama school. May there be more comedy than melodrama.
12. God has made your bond, let’s us give the chance to celebrate it.
13. God has so many amazing things planned for your future together. Enjoy every single one of them.
14. Happiness is only real when shared. With the utmost enthusiasm, share all the ups and downs moments of life together. Congratulations and have a great life ahead.
15. Here’s to a long and happy marriage.
16. Hugs and kisses to the sweet couple.
17. I am so happy that you have found the true love of your life and May this love of yours may bloom in every season!
18. I am thrilled for you to start your life together.
19. I can see a fun-filled life in your future. Congratulations!
20. I knew you guys were deeply in love with each other but I didn’t know you will be crazy enough to marry. Congratulation, god bless you!
21. I pray for your marriage to be filled with happiness, love, and support. Have the happiest married life, dear!
22. I wish so much joy for the two of you as you embark on your new journey.
23. I’m so happy that you finally have found the person you were dreaming for. May your marriage be everlasting and ever-exciting! Congratulations to both of you!
24. It’s a new life and new journey that you both have vowed to continue together. May God bless you and guide you in the right way!
25. Keep bringing moments of joy for each other through the years to come. Many congratulations to you on your special day!
26. Let the flowers of love bloom in your heart for today and forever. You deserve a life full of happiness and cheers. Happy wedding!
27. Marriage is a comedy to one person and a tragedy to the other. Let’s see who turns out to be who. Happy wedding!
28. Marriage is a great thing. You get to annoy the heck out of each other for the rest of your lives.
29. Marriage is the gift of Almighty. I hope you two will find peace and happiness in life. May God bless you. Wishing you two a very happy and blessed married life!
30. May all your dreams come true and struggle end as you start a new chapter of your life. Best wishes.
31. May both of you be faithful to each other like you’ve always been faithful to God. May his mercy always be with you!
32. May God’s love be with you till the end. May you find many more reasons to love each other and to be grateful to God for having each other!
33. May the delight in your eyes last forever. May this moment of joy bring you love and more happiness. Wishing you all the best!
34. May the delight in your eyes today stay with you through the thick and thins of married life. Many good wishes for your new life!
35. May the love you feel for each other today grow ever stronger and more fulfilling as the years go by.
36. May the love you share today grow stronger as you grow old together.
37. May the years ahead be filled with love and joy.
38. May today be the beginning of a long, happy life together.
39. May today mark the first of the rest of your life, filled with love and fellowship.
40. May you always walk together hand in hand, while trusting in the grace of God to lead the way.
41. May you dance under the stars forever.
42. May you find all the happiness in the world and may your days be filled with the colors of love. Congratulations to both of you!
43. May you look back on today with fond memories of the start of a life filled with love and happiness.
44. May your joining together bring you more joy than you can imagine.
45. May your lives be full of everlasting joy and happiness. Congrats on your wedding!
46. May your love grow stronger each and every passing year.
47. May your love grow stronger regardless of life’s changing circumstances.
48. May your love shine throughout the years.
49. May your married life be filled with the kind of love that comes directly from heaven. Best wishes to both of you!
50. On your rollercoaster ride through life together, may you high five at all the right places and support each other through every twist and turn.
51. Sending prayers for unending love, happiness and light.
52. Sending you boundless love and happiness on your marriage. Congratulations guys!
53. So, delighted to see you celebrating this special occasion. You’re truly one of a kind. Congratulations on your wedding day!
54. Stay true to each other and always keep your faith in the miracles of God. May your life together be full of bliss!
55. Thank you for letting me be part of this wonderful day, wishing you all the love in the world.
56. Thank you for letting us share in the celebration. Welcome to the married life.
57. The key to happy and successful marriage your wife is always right and in case she is wrong, say sorry to her!
58. The relation of husband-wife is the most beautiful relationship in the world. It’s the relation by which two different people turn into one entity for a lifetime. Best wishes to you too. Happy wedding!
59. The spark in your eyes tells a lot more about your love than you know. You have all my good wishes on this beautiful occasion. Congratulations!
60. The two of you literally shine with the love you share for each other. May that light gets ever brighter as the years go by.
61. Today is the beginning of your next chapter. Here’s to you!
62. Two beautiful hearts joining together with a promise of never letting go of each other. Take my warm wishes of lifetime happiness, joy, and prosperity for you!
63. Warm wishes for your beautiful wedding. May your love last forever and wishing you a happy married life.
64. Warmest wishes to this special couple on their wedding. We will pray to God to bless your wedding.
65. We are so happy to celebrate your special day with you, what a wonderful addition to the family!
66. Wishing you a lifetime of joy as you join your lives together in the holy bond of marriage. May God bless you both!
67. Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness.
68. Wishing you guys an amazing and happy married life ahead.
69. Wishing you the very best today and always.
70. Wishing you well as you embark on this next chapter of life. Cheers!
71. With warmest wishes on your wedding day and always.
72. Wonderful newlyweds, you are the sweetest couple I have ever seen! I wish all the happiness comes to you. The warmest Congratulations on the wedding!
73. Years may come and go but your love may always grow! Best wishes to both of you!
74. You are the sweetest couple I have ever seen! You two deserve the best things in the world. Keep happy with each other. Happy wedding!
75. You have shared so much love and laughter over your years together, and I know there will be many more joyful moments to come. I wish you all the happiness that you deserve for your married life together.
76. You two are beautiful people and make a wonderful couple. I wish you the life-long happiness and honeymoon.
77. You two are made for each other. May God blesses you and shower all the joy and happiness on you!
78. You two go together like two peas in a pod. Best wishes!
79. You two have just made the brightest example of undying and unfailing love in front of the world. May you both be happy in the coming years!
80. You two look so perfect as a couple that every time I see you together, I feel inspired. Congratulations to both of you on your wedding!
81. You’re an old ball and chain now! So happy for you two, I know you will have the best life together.
82. Your wedding day will come and go, but may your love forever grow.
Regardless of its long history, a wedding card has never lost its appeal. However, the charm of any wedding card pretty much comes down to the message that you write on the card. I hope you could find suitable wedding wishes from this list to include in your next wedding card.