Last Updated on December 11, 2019
An efficient tool specially designed for plugin and theme developers by the team of WP reset quickly resets the database of the website without interfering the files and folders.
The multiple fail-safe mechanisms of the plugin protect the accidental loss of data. You will notice a boost in testing and debugging as WP reset provides a quick and easy way to reset the code and retest the code. The plugin is solely developed for developers by the developers.
WP reset packed with a lot of partial reset tools and one-click site rest. Before trying the tools, we’d suggest you go through the article to know more about the functions and features of the plugin.
Features of WP reset plugin.
WP reset come with WP-CLI support and provides help commands via WP help reset. You have to confirm the commands by default, but you can use the –yes option to bypass the confirmation.
The first user registered in the database will be restored after the reset procedure is complete. You need to be very cautious while using the WP-CLI support as there is no undo option.
A snapshot copy of all WP database tables whether it is a standard or a custom table is known as a database snapshot. Though snapshots are primarily used as a development tool, you can also use it as a backup tool. WP reset developers suggest the users find a more suitable plugin to live backup sites.
With snapshots, you can easily find out the changes made to your database by a plugin, the tables created, modified or deleted and even keep a check on the changes that were made to the site’s settings.
Once you are done checking out the changes made to the site, you can quickly restore the developmental environment.
Restoring a database snapshot would cause no harm to the other snapshots or make changes in the WP reset settings. It hardly takes 2 seconds to create a snapshot on an average WordPress installation.
MULTISITE (WP-MU) SUPPORT
The feature is still under development and yet to be tested with multisite. WP reset plugin developers do not recommend resetting the main site though it would cause no issues to the main site.
Partial reset tools offered by the plugin
- Delete transients – This feature would delete all the transient related database entries.
- Delete uploads – delete all files and related folder in the /uploads/ folder.
- Delete plugins – deletes all plugins except WP Reset which stays active.
- Reset theme options – resets all options for all themes that use the WP theme mods API.
- Delete themes – deletes all themes.
- Empty or delete custom tables – empties or deletes all custom database tables.
- Delete .htaccess file – deletes the .htaccess file.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU CLICK THE RESET BUTTON?
When you click on the reset button, confirmation windows will pop up asking you to confirm your selection as there is no way of reverting the changes that are made after reset. Everything will be reset. The site’s title, WordPress address, the language of the site, the search engine visibility.
You will be logged out and then logged in automatically and redirected to the admin dashboard.
Before pressing the reset button, please read what things will be deleted and what would remain unchanged.
RESETTING WILL DELETE:
- all posts, pages, custom post types, comments, media entries, users
- all default WP database tables
- all custom database tables that have the same table prefix as defined in wp-config.php and utilized by default tables
RESETTING WILL NOT DELETE OR MODIFY:
- media files – don’t worry about losing your media files as they won’t be deleted but removed from the listing of admin.
- no files are touched; plugins, themes, uploads – everything will stay in your database
- site title, WordPress address, site address, site language and search engine visibility settings currently logged in user will be restored with the current username and password
Wp reset is the best developmental tool that a plugin or theme developer should have. The reset settings cannot be reversed, so make sure you know the details about the options you are using; we have provided a piece of detailed information about all the features and options of WP reset plugin above.