Hand Lettered Chalk Typography By Dana Tanamachi
Dana Tanamachi is a graphic designer and custom chalk letterer living in Brooklyn, New York. After graduating in 2007 with a BFA in Communication Design from The University of North Texas, Dana moved to New York City to design Broadway show posters at Spotco—a leader in arts and live entertainment branding.
In early 2010, she took a job working under Louise Fili at Louise Fili Ltd, specializing in the design of restaurants and food packaging. Currently, Dana works full time as a custom chalk letterer and has been commissioned by clients such as West Elm, Rugby Ralph Lauren, Google, The Ace Hotel, Adidas, EveryDay with Rachael Ray, Lululemon Athletica, and Garden & Gun Magazine.
Most recently, Tanamachi had the honor of creating O Magazine‘s first entirely hand-lettered cover for their February 2012 issue. We hope you will enjoy hey beautiful typography skills!
Check out our previous articles!
- 35 Constructive and Appealing Stamp Designs
- 55 Unusual Yet Creative Business Card Designs
- The Evolution of Letterheads Throughout The Years
- 30 Uniquely Designed Wedding Invitations
We hope you enjoyed Dana’s work and hopefully got inspired! We would love to hear your feedback, so please don’t be shy to comment below! For more inspirational articles be sure to subscribe to the RSS-feed and follow Inspirationfeed on Twitter+ Facebook! If you appreciate our work, please share this article with your peers
Latest posts by Igor Ovsyannykov (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why Freelancers Should Accept Online Payments - May 21, 2013
- How Technology Has Changed Over The Centuries - May 21, 2013
- 6 Internet Crazes Made Possible by Technology - May 21, 2013