Last Updated on June 22, 2022
Contrary to popular perception, pet names aren’t exclusively meant for ladies. Men also love to be called with those adorable names from time to time.
A nickname for your boyfriend is an excellent way to strengthen the bonds of love and intimacy between the two of you. And the fact of the matter is that if you don’t call your boyfriend with unique, sexy names often enough, you could eventually lose him to someone else who does.
The good news is that there are thousands of nickname ideas for boyfriends out there. But since he’s the special one in your life, you don’t want to settle for any other name. He deserves something that’s both unique and cute.
Unique Nickname Ideas for Your Boyfriend
1. Adorable – This is a simple nickname that reminds your boyfriend of how much you adore him.
2. Amore Mio – Italian for ‘my love.’
3. Angel – Perfect for a sweet boyfriend. You can use variations like My Guardian Angel, My Only Angel, Angel Face, etc., depending on the intended meaning.
4. Apple – A perfect fruity nickname for boyfriend.
5. Babe – This classic boyfriend nickname has never lost its appeal.
6. Baby – Not to be confused with Babe, Baby is a nickname for a boyfriend you look out for. A popular variation is Baby Boy.
7. Baby Doll – An excellent pet name for a cute boyfriend.
8. Bad Boy – Ideal for a rebellious boyfriend.
9. Bear – If your boyfriend is big and powerful, then you won’t go wrong calling him a bear.
10. Beloved – Simply means the loved one.
11. Boo – Another classic pet name for boyfriends.
12. Bun – A short, unique, but cute nickname for boyfriend.
13. Button – This nickname can refer to the cuteness of buttons but it can also be sexually suggestive, like you want him to unbutton your pants right away.
14. Buzz – Ideal for a simple boyfriend.
15. Captain – Calling him Captain means that you’re entrusting your life and destiny in his hands.
16. Casanova – Ideal for a sweet and romantic boyfriend.
17. Charming – Self-explanatory.
18. Cherub – Perfect for a sweet, romantic, and cute boyfriend.
19. Chief – If your boyfriend loves to take charge of the relationship, Chief would be an apt nickname for him.
20. Cookie – As sweet as a cookie.
21. Cowboy– Appropriate for a wild and rugged boyfriend.
22. Cuddles – Appropriate for a boyfriend who loves to cuddle.
23. Darling – Another classic and straightforward nickname for boyfriend.
24. Dearie – You can call him Dearie if you don’t want to sound too cute.
25. Doll – Ideal for an unbearably stunning boyfriend. Doll Face is a common variation.
26. Dumpling – Ideal for a tasty boyfriend.
27. Ecstasy – Resonates with feelings of ecstasy.
28. Emperor – Nearly similar to Captain or Chief.
29. Foxy – Foxy is a great name for a truly inspirational boyfriend.
30. Giggles – Perfect for a boyfriend who’s always happy.
31. G-man – Simply means gorgeous man.
32. Gorgeous – Self-explanatory.
33. Handsome – Another self-explanatory yet still sweet boyfriend pet name.
34. Heart Throb – Does his presence make your heart skip a bit? Then this is the perfect nickname for him.
35. Hercules – A great name for a strong boyfriend.
36. Hero – Is he brave enough to catch a grenade for you? Then he’s definitely your hero.
37. Honey – A classic boyfriend nickname that means sweet and charming.
38. Honey Badger – A sweet boyfriend who also has a dark side.
39. Honey Bear – He’s sweet and charming but he’s also huge and powerful.
40. Honey Bee – If he’s cute and cuddly but also fairly industrious, then Honey Bee will suit him.
41. Hot Stuff – Ideal for an incredibly hot boyfriend.
42. Hun – One of the shortest but cutest boyfriend nicknames ever.
43. Jammy – Ideal for a lucky dude.
44. Jellybean – Perfect for a boyfriend who’s sweet and adorable, just like Jellybean.
45. Jock – If he loves sports, Jock is a suitable name for him.
46. Knave – Perfect for a naughty boyfriend.
47. Knight in Shining Armor – This boyfriend nickname may be a bit long but it’s still very impactful. It refers to a man who will always rescue you from distress.
48. Knock Out – An excellent name for a stunning boyfriend.
49. Love – Love may sound plain but this nickname is deep. Other variations include Lovey and My Love.
50. Mi Amor – Spanish for ‘my love’
51. Monkey – This boyfriend pet name may come across as mean, but monkey is perfect for a cheeky and naughty boyfriend.
52. Mr. Right – If he’s the guy after your heart, then he’s definitely your Mr. Right. You can even choose to abbreviate this as M.R.
53. Muffin – Means he’s the first thing you want to encounter each morning.
54. My All – Call him using this nickname if he fulfills all your needs.
55. My World – If your world literally revolves around him (or the other way around), then this name would be apt.
56. Naughty – Yes, he’s naughty but you love it that way.
57. Oreo – Suitable for a charming boyfriend.
58. Pancake – Who doesn’t love pancakes?
59. Peachy – This is a welcome alternative to Honey.
60. Popeye – Suitable for a strong and powerful boyfriend.
61. Prince Charming – Call him this nickname if he’s the dude who stole your heart.
62. Pudding Pie – Another perfect name for a sweet boyfriend.
63. Pumpkin – A simple yet adorable boyfriend pet name.
64. Quackers – Appropriate for a boyfriend who’s sweet but somewhat weird.
65. Randy – Means horny, which makes it quite suggestive.
66. Romeo – Perfect for a romantic guy.
67. Sexy – Ideal for a sexually-seductive boyfriend.
68. Shortie – A sweet boyfriend nickname that’s popular in North America.
69. Soul Mate – Means you’re destined to be together.
70. Sugar – Sugar is appropriate for a sweet boyfriend. Sugar Lips is a variation for a great kisser.
71. Sunshine – Means he literally lights up your life.
72. Superstar – He’s the hero you’ve always been looking for.
73. Sweetie – This is one of the most classic pet names for boyfriends, and the meaning is self-explanatory.
74. Teddy Bear – Means he’s the dude you’re always dying to hold tight in your arms.
75. Tiger – Call him Tiger if he satisfies you sexually.
76. Ultimate – Means he embodies everything you could ever want in a boyfriend.
77. Winkie – Ideal for an incredible adorable guy.
78. Wonder Boy – Means he’s cute and a little mysterious.
79. Yummy – You just want to ‘eat’ him anytime.
80. Zorro – Appropriate for a strong, silent boyfriend.
81. Stud Muffin – coined by comedian Lily Tomlin.
82. Tater Tot – Hit or miss on this one.
83. PIC – Stands for “Partner In Crime!”
84. Maverick – Perfect if he’s an independent thinker.
85. Pookie – Perfect for the boyfriend who’s just too cute!
40 More Sexy Nicknames to Add to Your Repertoire
Looking to spice things up a little more? Well here is a little bonus treat for you as we give you 40 more cute, fun, and sexy nicknames for your boyfriend or husband below:
- Angel Eyes – A cute name for a boyfriend with attractive eyes.
- Autumn – A sweet nickname for a guy that makes you happy.
- Amazon – A guy who’s tough and very admirable.
- Baby Doodle – For a playful and cute boyfriend
- Baby Face – A nickname for a boyfriend that looks younger than his age.
- Book Worm – A cute name for a guy whose head is often buried in a book.
- Brave Heart – A boyfriend fearless and admirable.
- Bunny-Ears– A nickname for a boyfriend with tiny ears.
- Captain Love Muffin – An amazing boyfriend who loves to be in charge.
- Copycat – A nickname for a boyfriend that mimics everything you do.
- Commando – A good nickname for a confident boyfriend.
- Crazy Pants – A nickname for a boyfriend who’s loud and extroverted.
- Dirty Boy – A guy who has a kinky mindset towards sex.
- Diamond – An affectionate name for a precious boyfriend.
- Drop-Dead Handsome – A great name for a guy who’s extremely good-looking and makes heads turn when he walks into a room.
- Enigma – A cute name for a weird and mysterious guy.
- Fashionista – A name for a fashion-conscious boyfriend.
- Fudgekins– A dependable, responsible, and social boyfriend.
- Goggles – A cool nickname for a guy with big glasses that he cannot do without.
- Google – A guy who’s always ready with a line or an entire chapter, on almost any topic.
- Honey Cakes – A great nickname for a boyfriend who is so good, so amazing and delightful and you want to be with him all the time.
- Honey Lips – For a guy who has the juiciest looking (or tasting!) lips.
- Invincible – A great name for a boyfriend who inspires you.
- Jaguar – A great nickname for a guy full of energy.
- Jelly Baby – An awesome boyfriend. It could also be used for a jealous boyfriend.
- Kind Wizard – A boyfriend who uses his handsome nature for good.
- Lambkin – A cute and adorable guy that is most likely much younger than you.
- McDreamy – A boyfriend who’s extremely charming; the kind of guy every girl goes to bed dreaming about.
- Mister Bossy Pants – A boyfriend who always wants to be in control.
- Misty Eyes –A boyfriend with those irresistible puppy eyes.
- Numbnuts – A cute nickname for an amazing but slow-witted boyfriend. Make sure to keep it playful though!
- Other Half– An endearing name for a boyfriend that completes you.
- Panda – A nickname for a chubby, friendly, and tender boyfriend.
- Pineapple Chunk – A cute nickname for a boyfriend who’s exotic and handsome.
- Pint Size – A fun nickname for a short boyfriend.
- Scarecrow – A cute nickname for a boyfriend who scares other guys away.
- Scout – A boyfriend who helps you develop your skills, he helps you to be a better person.
- Sexy Angel – A guy who provokes your wildest of thoughts without even trying.
- Tough Guy– For a boyfriend who’s difficult to deal with.
- Tum-Tums – A boyfriend who gives you butterflies in your tummy.
A perfect nickname for your boyfriend should be one that reminds him how deeply he’s loved and appreciated. Above all, he must love the nickname too. Otherwise, the name will lose its intended vibes.